High CRI G16.5 40w eq. Anything?

kbuzbee

Enlightened
I've finally found some A19 LEDs I really like so it has me looking about for other "projects"

The one that has been the most difficult is the vanity in the master bath. This thing has 6 E12 bases. I'm currently running 40w G16.5 Reveal bulbs in it (but it's not really rated for that much draw, which has always kinda worried me ;) )

The main mission for this light is to illuminate my wife's hair/makeup tasks. So it has to be bright and it has to render great color. Additionally, it can't look like a science project. ;) (you married guys know what I'm talking about!)

I tried some LED G16.5s a couple years ago. No dice. Too dim. They were only 2w. Bad color. So I went back to the Reveals, which give great light and terrific color (CRI 98 iirc?) but are very hot and burn 240W total.

Is there anything out there running 93+ CRI in a 40w equivalent LED globe with an E12 base? I'm thinking somewhere around 6w would be perfect.

I've even considered removing the E12 bases and replacing the whole thing with a 4' lighting strip of some sort (but I need to make sure the light is SPECTACULAR before going THAT route ;) ) No idea where to start looking for that.

Any suggestions are most welcome (even if they are 'just wait another year')

Thanks,

Ken