A little Phaser is on the way!!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been away from CPF for the past few weeks, and here's why: my wife and I found out we are expecting a child!! We've been trying for awhile, and are thrilled! Just wanted to share with my friends. It's her second, but my first. I can't wait! Will he/she be an LED Lady or more of an Incan Throw Man? Decisions, decisions...!

Truly the best gift we could ever hope to receive from Above for the Holidays!

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Please let me be the first to congratulate you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Soon you wont be getting much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif
When will you know if you need cigars or doughnuts?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrates...hmm...I`d like to smoke a cigar...so maybe a boy.

Either way...he/she will laugh at you/us down the road. "Aw, come on dad, you must be kidding...can`t believe you guys thought these dim, batt sucking LS`s were the living end". LOL

Ken

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
A FireFly is about the right size for a Mini-Phaser! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats

Congratulations! I'll set aside some Welch Allyn bulbs to tempt your little Phaser to the Hot Wire side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Congrats

Whoa. How'd I miss this news until now?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif CONGRATULATIONS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now the flashoholic gene has been passed on, Congratulations. You will need to buy a bunch of the cpf 2004 edition ARC AAAs to pass out AND save for their future, I seem to recall peter will etch just about anything on them within limits, countwise.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pretty snazzy idea, even though I get enough abuse for being a flashlight nerd from family/friends as it is! Ever notice it's these same folks who are most grateful for the gift lights you give them, though? Goes to show that there are many more closet flashaholics out there.

8 Weeks in, and all is well!

For those looking for a light for children, I'd like to re-suggest the PALight Workman. The crucial feature is the auto turnoff in 30 mins. This allows the child to actually use the light as often as they want when not in your direct supervision. Otherwise, the light will be left on and will kill even the most robust battery life. When they get the hang of turning the light off when done, then switch over to a more conventional led long-lifer. My .02 worth.