Aftermarket turboheads

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the LF mini turbo head(that only comes in grey) does anyone else make a turbo head? I was thinking a full sized one. Like a kt2. As surefire doesn't have anything to do with incandescent anymore and prices for the discontinued products are a bit ridiculous as they're rare and sought after. I have a solarforce m3 head but I'd like one that takes the MN lamp assemblies but searching has not brought up any results

archimedes

Flashaholic
There are many incandescent-related parts made by fivemega but some may be out of production. A search of those threads may be useful, however....

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. Thanks Ya I've read all those threads. He doesn't make any of those parts anymore. And I've never seen a TB made by him with a "C" threading by him though. I'd love one of his d26 bulb holders though

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought last time I checked that they were no longer available. Still they don't take the bigger light assemblies like the m3 and things like mn21. Since no assemblies are available for putting in your own bulbs the brightest option would be a p91. They're pretty good but I want more power! :twothumbs

stienke

Enlightened
Save some money and buy a M4 or/and a M6 , you will love these suckers! , retrieve some bulbs from LF and you have a beautiful classic incan light with plenty power and a beautiful beam with 100% CRI.

Keep a eye on the Marketplace , they pop up sometimes.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to but the supply and demand of them and being discontinued they are far to expensive to pay for a light and I refuse to supply a light that requires 4-6 $10 a piece batteries. Or the need to buy discontinued battery adaptors to use rechargeable. I already have a solarforce l1200 for some strong in can goodness but would like a turbo head just because. Too bad lumens factory never made them. They would've sold well

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad lumens factory never made them. They would've sold well

Yea, I still scratch my head over that one. Where do you live that lithium batteries cost you $10 apiece? Even really high quality batteries like surefires run less than $2 each.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's the problem. Try ordering them online and you'll get a much better price, though often times sporting goods stores like Scheels will have pretty good prices on 12 packs as well.

I usually order my surefire batteries in 72 packs from authorized surefire dealers like optics planet and get a cpf discount as well. I used to order them direct from Surefire before the CA sales tax came out.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. Online would work. Except no online stores in Canada really sells them and shipping can be pretty steep. Besides I just prefer guilt free lumens. Output starts to go down I just swap cells and the somewhat depleted ones just get recharged

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a solarforce m3 head but I'd like one that takes the MN lamp assemblies

Combination of followings will fit and work in any $urefire C compatible body:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?219828-G4-D26-SUNLIGHT-for-urefire

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?239882-Surefire-Deep-Turbo-C-Head

You can always find discontinued item in marketplace.
If you want to spend less, look for cheap Chinese flashlight which comes with bigger head.
Even if you find a low cost quality head, cost of MN lamp assembly won't be cheap.

You don't have to buy $2, $4 or $10 disposable cells. Buy quality rechargeable and use them over and over for years.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks five mega that would be great except you haven't had any of these made in years (the g4 sunlight) otherwise I'd buy one. I have a solarforce l1200 with a big head and basically a wa1185 but always looking for other options. I don't mind the price of the MN lamp assemblies. I have a couple 91's which aren't cheap and quite a few LF lamp assemblies as well

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol. Thanks. Off topic but I just ordered some parts online from an American company for my car. Total was 287 with 30 shipping ups standard. When it was delivered they wanted an additional 107 dollars. That was more expensive than if I had bought the parts here. Oh well never use ups again

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol. Thanks. Off topic but I just ordered some parts online from an American company for my car. Total was 287 with 30 shipping ups standard. When it was delivered they wanted an additional 107 dollars. That was more expensive than if I had bought the parts here. Oh well never use ups again

Oh that was a big mistake. Never use UPS or FedEx because they charge the customer additional customs "handling charge".