Tmack customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. Just opening my own thread to post some of my custom builds. Give me a shout if you like something. These are just some of my personal builds, and builds I've done for cpf friends :)

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
huquzuze.jpg

Zasers host.
2utu8yze.jpg

ezy5e7ed.jpg

9umevy7e.jpg

Hitting the clouds.
tupu4atu.jpg

Zasers. One of my all time favorite for performance and aesthetics.

pujage4u.jpg

MS-ENVY 2.6W 445nm
Great host with tripod mount and innovative heatsinking.

sudu7y5a.jpg

su4ymu8a.jpg

y7e8a9ag.jpg

Glow powder and epoxy. Turned out sick!
MS-SSW 2.9w 445nm. An all-star of custom hosts. Just a monster!

yzenu7ur.jpg

Maglite head
6dc22527-6f0c-4ebf-9a69-ff74742a513c_zps42967d1b.png

Readout from a customers 1.7w Tmag. That is some very good stability, and a fantastic runtime. This laser did a 8 minute run, without getting hot.
ty4esuna.jpg

Little topless picture. Just a peek!

vaguve4a.jpg

C11, Zasers, Maglite beauties.

u2a6y5ev.jpg

5eseqajy.jpg

120mw 532nm in a sipik b68

ybajequn.jpg

C8 with an extended focus adapter.

enumeguz.jpg

Rebuilt wicked laser EVO. M140 1.7w pen!! Momentary side button.

a9eja5yz.jpg

Matching set of MS-V3

raga4e9u.jpg

King if the maglite. Voltage monitor led. Key switch in the tail cap. Super long runtime!

9e3ugeny.jpg

The cypress. 100% copper host with a interchangeable module design I co-designed.

muzemymu.jpg

Grenade host. 2x18650

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
WOW amazing stuff:cool::twothumbs they certainly kick a55 :drool:astonishing the green laser pic:cool:

Once i have read up a little more on them i may want a laser,just need to be so careful and kept well away from the kids.So will need to think on everything ,very impressed Tmack,top work:twothumbs

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I had no idea your talents included these mods. Very nice!

Do you machine the body/heads yourself?

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
that black zaser looks familiar :) If anyone needs a second opinion, I can vouch for tmack. I now own the black zaser in the pics, it works great and burns through paper at nearly 10 feet away!!! :)

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the purple one is cool but now that black is off the scale! I m saving up funds, slowly but surely.
that black zaser looks familiar :) If anyone needs a second opinion, I can vouch for tmack. I now own the black zaser in the pics, it works great and burns through paper at nearly 10 feet away!!! :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had no idea your talents included these mods. Very nice!

Do you machine the body/heads yourself?

I wish I could take credit for machining these, but no. :) I have a couple very skilled machinist turning my hosts and heatsinks.

I'm on the soldering iron with the shades B)

Thanks caddylover. I'm happy you're happy. The list of cpf members with my lasers is growing.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
jahazemy.jpg

Around 100mw

qupugyve.jpg

500, 300 1000mw

se5ada8e.jpg

Diffraction fun!

puqysaqu.jpg

yje3uqan.jpg

I promised my neighbors I'm not an alien. From what comes out of my windows, I don't think they believe me :p

zarunujy.jpg

All shots are with 3 lasers and diffraction film.

hu8ysasu.jpg

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
uqa2egub.jpg

My edc :)
That's blade, light, signal/ fire starter.

Knife and light rotate, but the laser stays in the cycle.
2.6w MS-Envy.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have no lasers that burn stuff, more like point at stuff. :D

What kind of cutting can a souped up pocket laser DO?

:D

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cutting? You can just about drop a laser in front of electrical tape and cut it haha.

Will cut a cd case nicely. Making a hole in about a second, you can slowly move the dot and cut it.

Anything dark and thin it will make short work of.

Imagine what you can do with a very strong magnifying glass on a super sunny day, just from much further away.

Scorch your name in a piece of wood from 5-10ft. Ignite materials in seconds. It's pretty amazing. I've accidentally lit many thing on fire testing the beams from across the room :p

That laser above I keep in my pocket daily. 2.6w is capable of everything I stated.

I smoke, and I rarely grab a lighter on my way out :)

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Cutting? You can just about drop a laser in front of electrical tape and cut it haha.

Will cut a cd case nicely. Making a hole in about a second, you can slowly move the dot and cut it.

Anything dark and thin it will make short work of.

Imagine what you can do with a very strong magnifying glass on a super sunny day, just from much further away.

Scorch your name in a piece of wood from 5-10ft. Ignite materials in seconds. It's pretty amazing. I've accidentally lit many thing on fire testing the beams :p

That laser above I keep in my pocket daily. 2.6w is capable of everything I stated.

I smoke, and I rarely grab a lighter on my way out :)

Uh oh.

My inner aspie is telling me I need to explore this.

So, what's the most powerful pocket laser set up?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
9mm blue in a host that's capable of handling the heat. There are small hosts, but your runtime suffers.
That ms envy is the perfect pocket size with extreme power. It's about 6" long and 1" wide. Takes 2x 18350.
Beautiful beam, and the entire body is the heatsink. A very smart design. I personally love the performance of this host.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have respect for sheer power, you do need to explore a high power laser. I use /build them every day, and I'm still blown away when I see a beam hit the clouds, or scorch a box 15ft away.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If you have respect for sheer power, you do need to explore a high power laser. I use /build them every day, and I'm still blown away when I see a beam hit the clouds, or scorch a box 15ft away.

Massive respect.

Tell me about them.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have different wavelength that hit the visual spectrum. The brightest lasers fall in the middle around 550nm which is in the green range. So a green 532nm is the brightest per strength. Now brightness and power are totally different. A 445nm is blue and further from the middle of the spectrum, so it's not as bright as a 532nm of the same strength. But, 445nm can be built in the thousands of mw, making it the best for burning.
The 445nm diode is also what's called a mutimode diode. Meaning it's output is from a series of lines producing the photons. This results in a rectangular beam that will diverge, or expand faster than a single mode diode ( round tight dot). All this means, the greens are for distance, and the blues are for extreme power, and mid range.
The 405nm (violet) being even further from the middle of the spectrum, is even dimmer, but it does burn well, while keeping a nice round dot because of its single mode characteristics. However this diode can only be had at 1000mw (1w) so the 3000mw(3w) 445nm (blue) still reigns supreme for sheer power.
On the other end of the spectrum is 638m(light red). This is further away from 532nm making it not as bright, and it's a multimode diode, giving it the rectangular dot, and this wavelength has a very poor divergence.
The most common wavelength is definitely the 445nm in the custom world. It's beautiful beam, is massively bright and stretches into the sky like a huge light saber, and at a range of about 15ft it capable of serous burning.
It's also capable of serous damage to your eyes if not careful.
I could go on forever here lol.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. But anything you'd like to know I'll be happy to answer to the best of my ability :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.