Best AA/AAA you own.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Following on from the success of the thread "Best all rounder you own".As i prefer the AA/AAA format you get 2 lights to select for this.

Again simple rule.Name your AA & AAA(if used) only one of each allowed please.

Simple choice for me

Fenix LD10 AA
Itp A3 AAA

Again i hope the new users will gain some ideas of what we all prefer.

Last edited:

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Choosing one AA light from my collection as the best is tough. I have 4 lights and they're the best at different things. V11r (XML U2)1xAA, Xeno cube V8(nichia 219) 1xAA, Fenix LD 20 (XGP R5)2xAA and Olight S65 (XML) 6xAA

Sunwayman V11r is my EDC and it's the lightest and most convenient light I have. It take 3 types of batteries and it has a magnetic control ring for Variable brightness, but it has the worst efficiency and throw out of the 4.

Xeno is my best light for color accuracy but it's a heavy light. It takes 14500 too so it's pretty bright.

Olight S65 is heaviest of the bunch but it's the brightest and probably is the best thrower I have.

What do you think is the best all rounder I own?
My choice:
AA?
Prometheus lights Beta QR AAA

ven

Flashaholic
AA-D25a ti ,great light and if you feel the need for more light you can put a 14500 in it too.Nice all round package including the little holster.
AAA- tough one,my i3s is a great light for the money,but if open to more than 1 cell then the t7.2(4xAAA) offers a good all round package of flood /throw to size ratio.

neco

Enlightened
AA - Nitecore D10
AAA - 4sevens Preon Revo

Keeping my eyes open for upgrades though, especially the AAA format.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Choosing one AA light from my collection as the best is tough. I have 4 lights and they're the best at different things. V11r (XML U2)1xAA, Xeno cube V8(nichia 219) 1xAA, Fenix LD 20 (XGP R5)2xAA and Olight S65 (XML) 6xAA

Sunwayman V11r is my EDC and it's the lightest and most convenient light I have. It take 3 types of batteries and it has a magnetic control ring for Variable brightness, but it has the worst efficiency and throw out of the 4.

Xeno is my best light for color accuracy but it's a heavy light. It takes 14500 too so it's pretty bright.

Olight S65 is heaviest of the bunch but it's the brightest and probably is the best thrower I have.

What do you think is the best all rounder I own?
My choice:
AA?
Prometheus lights Beta QR AAA

No bending the rules only one AA and one AAA.

flashflood

Enlightened
AAA: Fenix LD01 stainless steel. Very efficient, and will safely put out hundreds of lumens running IMR 10440. Been using it like that for over two years without incident.

The material matters. Normally I like aluminum or copper because they transfer heat better, but stainless steel is ideal for a keychain light. It's extremely durable yet also silky smooth, so it won't damage anything else in your pocket. (I carry keys and iPhone in the same pocket.)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to pick one.
Liteflux Lf2xt. Coolest aaa light there is. All the stuff it can do. Old, but it's still amazing compared to any other aaa light. in any price range.

Zebralight h51fc. I use it alot, so i cant really pick any other aa light. :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA - not a form factor I've embraced.

AAA - hands-down LF2XT - if the company was still in business they would still be selling lights.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
AA - Best quality Fenix LD12, best "light" L3 Illumination L10 (because of the Nichia 219 in it) I guess if I could only have one it would be the L3L10.

AAA - Beta QR - excellent quality AND terrific light (same Nichia LED)

Ken

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
AA-ShiningBeam Caveman XM-L T6. Feels solid, sturdy clip, forward clicky, and changes modes (8-290 lms) w/ head-twist. Have had this since 2/2012...
AAA-gave away or lost all of these.

ven

Flashaholic
What i have been using now,almost daily in work is the thrunite t10s,its a great AA light,feels nice in the hand,the wand is useful too,its a great light and can recommend it!.

Unlike others i am more an AA than a single AAA man:laughing:(unless on keys).I find the AA is better for me in size,better run time(when used on lower levels).

So as my 4xAAA is banned,please can i enter the d25a and t10s for single AA lights.................pretty please;)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA = V11rvn with extension :p
Sorry about that!

Did he mean 1 cell, or 1 light for each category?