What on your belt/pocket right now?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
uqa2egub.jpg

V11rvn
Gerber folder
2.6w 445nm laser

That's light, blade, signal device, fire starter.
The knife and light are in a edc rotation, but the laser stays constant.
I use my Gerber often. Nothing fancy I'm afraid to ding up.

What do you guys carry on a daily basis and why did you choose what you did?

Let's see some phone pictures!

(unless you edc a camera ;) )

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always EDC a flashlight. Mostly because it's a fun pocket toy.

My current flashlight is an Aleto N8. It's a small budget 18650 zoomie. Mine's heavily modded and it's still not done.

In its current form, it has the following features:
Dimensions: 100mm x 24mm (With an earlier body I got it down to 95mm, but I swapped to a new slightly longer body for more heatsinking. I expect to reduce the light to 96mm when the mod is complete)
Battery type: 1x 18650
Driver: Nanjg 105c with Comfychair FET mod (can supply 6 amps to the emitter with a Samsung 20r INR cell) and DrJones lumodrv firmware (shortcuts to min, max, 25%, 2-way ramping with 34 steps)
Emitter: dedomed XM-L2 on direct copper star. Has a very pleasant neutral-warm tint.
Switch: Electronic side-switch.

Still to do to complete the mod:
1. Apply knurling and polish alternate bezel
2. polish new body
3. file down back of battery tube a couple mm.
4. apply 2 more screws to switch cover or make replacement cover without extra screw holes
5. Install fresnel lens to replace long focal length aspheric, then file down bezel to correct focus. Should subtract another couple mm from the light.

In addition to a light I also EDC a small victorinox mini knife with a tiny LED flashlight built-in.

LanthanumK

Newly Enlightened
I am EDCing my brand new SureFire G2X Pro ($49, almost a steal) with the fixed loop belt holster (just replaced a NiMH Mini Maglite LED Pro, which replaced a 5 dollar 14500 Chinese clone, which replaced a 9-LED free flashlight). 2 SF 123A. Tacticool/emergency/playing around/secondary normal use flashlight.
In a little flashlight pouch on my cell phone belt holster I am carrying a Maglite Solitaire LED with NiMH AAA. Lanyard included for easy access. Primary normal use flashlight. Been carrying for a couple months.
On my keychain I am carrying a Photon Freedom white LED. Backup/low-light flashlight. 2 Energizer CR2016 included. Been there for about a year. Replaced dollar store keychain light.

As you can see I prefer inexpensive, domestic, and plastic.

Life expectancy: SF G2X Pro - foreseeable future. if work requires continual use bright flashlight, will get RCR123A but good for now
Solitaire LED - a few months. May go Chinese (foursevens, iTP). 2.5 hr runtime too short for my liking.
Photon Freedom - foreseeable future. used primarily for moon mode.

my family thinks I'm a flashaholic but I am quite conservative with my illumination tools.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 47s Quark123 on a lanyard. I had to lose one to realize a lanyard is a great idea, Kershaw mini random task, a Photon micron on my key ring, I've carried it for over 15 years and had to replace the coin cells once! I'll add I have a 47s Quark AA on a lanyard on my walker, if I'm going outdoors I have( what else?) a 47s Quark CR2 on a lanyard for the other side of the walker frame.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Right now D25C Nichia 219

0f13c6f83cef26c942c3e0cb123093e6.jpg

Nice UI and outstanding quality of light.

and Spyderco Centofante Memory

4fa3e29fb9110aa3ccabb946f4881ba5.jpg

Best pocket knife I've ever owned (and there are a few ;) )

Ken

funkychateau

Enlightened
I always have my stainless Fenix LD01 either in the watch pocket of my jeans or clipped to the cell pocket of my cargos (bought the stainless clip separately, as it was not included in the package). I use it nearly every day, and swap out the eneloop about once every two weeks.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love it. But honestly I think I'll like the c20cvn more when it gets here. (tomorrow! ) the v25rvn looks promising too. (tomorrow! )

When will my paypal account recover. (never!)

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pocket has the same light today as it does on most days, a Malkoff MD2 with M61N. My other pocket has a Spyderco Endura.

Sure, I EDC a camera....my iPhone 5.

LGT

Enlightened
On the belt is my Leatherman Charge tti, which is quite handy for many planned and unplanned uses. In two side slots on the leather sheath I carry a brass peak eiger and a spare AAA battery. In the pocket it's either a HDS 200t, or a 200 rotary.

will manners

Newly Enlightened
Well l always EDC my phone :p But usually I edc my ultrafire C20, i like it because it comes with a very nice holster and it has infinitely variable brightness.

ba7amaza.jpg

I also edc my Excalibur knife.

hy6u5a2e.jpg

And if I'm feeling particularly adventurous my 3w SSW laser :p

y6e5u9er.jpg

u3evumeb.jpg

Last edited: