"shallow pocket" clip for Zebralight h600FW MkII

Flashlyte

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a Zebralight h600FW MkII flashlight. It's an excellent flashlight and amazingly bright. I would like to add a pocket clip to it, for clipping inside my shirt pocket, so that the beam will shine ahead of me while being clipped INSIDE my shirt pocket. This requires that the top of the clip will not block the light beam when the clip is rotated to the front (lens) side of the flashlight.

I have looked at ZL's "deep pocket" clip (ZL item # ZLMC_H31_51_502), at
(*link removed) ,
but it looks like it would block the light beam if rotated to the front.
ZL also ofers another clip, #ZLC_SC80_600 , which looks like a "shallow pocket" clip, at
(*link removed),
but ZL says that one won't fit.

(FYI, the groove for the clip on the H600FW MkII flashlight is 0.79 inch diameter and about 0.16 inch wide)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashlyte

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about those missing links- another noobie screwup. You can see both clips on Zebralight's accessories page.

KQL

Newly Enlightened
Glue a neodymium magnet under the lens, then use another one on the outside of the shirt fabric (magnet-shirt-magnet sandwich). For even more control, glue 2 magnets, one under the lens and another near the bottom.

Flashlyte

Newly Enlightened
That's a good idea that I hadn't thought of, KQL. It would work, but I would still rather have a pocket clip. It would not be possible to move the magnet to another position since it's glued in place. Also, magnets- especially supermagnets- tend to collect things that I don't want collected, and they also tend to magnetize nearby items that I don't want magnetized.

Unless someone else has any other ideas in the next week or two, I'll try buying a clip for a Fenix LD20/PD30. The clip's circular band should be about the right diameter but looks wider than the ZL's groove. I can turn the groove a little wider on a lathe so that the clip fits properly.

By the way, the Fenix PD10's clip works perfectly on my ZL H500W single AA flashlight. Even with the Fenix clip installed, I can still use the rubber headband holder that came with the H500W.

jonesy

Enlightened
Try the 4 sevens quark dee carry clip. I've been pretty happy with fitment.

Flashlyte

Newly Enlightened
Bad luck with the Four Sevens Quark clip- it's not even a close fit. I ordered the regular version, not the "deep" model, but other than being less deep, that shouldn't make much difference. It seems to be made for a considerably smaller diameter light, and it's also designed to fit in a much narrower groove. I don't know what model of Zebralight you have, Jonesy, but I think it's somehow different than my H600FW MkII.

So I'm still looking. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Shiningbeam's S-mini detachable clip on my MKII, fits perfect and taut.

jonesy

Enlightened
Sorry to hear yours doesn't fit. Here's a shot of mine. It has a little slop to it, but it's sturdy.

cdCorit.jpg

Flashlyte

Newly Enlightened
Jonesy-
I think I see what my problem with the Four Sevens clip is: The top of the deep clip holds the pocket clip in place. The regular clip that I ordered doesn't have that "extension" at the top, so the clip just kind of flops around. The deep pocket feature is, of course, exactly what I don't want (it will block the beam), so I can't use it.

Zeruel-
The Shiningbeam clip you mentioned looks like it would be very secure, but I have not found a source for the clip without buying the whole S-Mini flashlight. I'll keep looking for it, though.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.