E series clone

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they any out there? There's so many 6p/9p clones out there but that seems to be it. Not that I'm being cheap and particularly like clones but seeing as surefire doesn't make real flashlights:D anymore clones are really the only way to go. People who have e series lights don't sell them so not much chance buying used

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this thread is in the incandescent section, I presume you're looking for an incandescent E-series (since LED lights aren't real?).

I see used surefire E2E lights for sale all the time in the MarketPlace and eBay. Why get a clone when you can get a fully warrantied used Surefire?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that's what I meant. A bit of tongue in cheek. Ya I never see them. Maybe I'll have to look more often. Warranty doesn't do much for me as I'mcCanada and the shipping is worth more than the item usually. And surefire doesn't take 18xxx batteries which I'm setup with. I mean I could get some 16340s.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound sells one cr123a sized light here, which is a version of the Solarforce L2 series:

http://www.lighthound.com/Solarforce-L2M-Host-for-1x123-or-16340-Black-Type-2-Anodized_p_2982.html

Not as tiny as the E series I guess, but it does take an 18mm diameter battery, and is compatible with P60 drop ins. If you use a Surefire lamp in the Solarforce, you may have to do something with the outer spring to get good contact because sometimes I've found the spring diameter isn't large enough.

I have 4 of the L2P lights and I've been impressed with the overall quality, especially for the price!

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I have a dozen l2s of different model including 2 l2m which are a 1 cell light without the extender. And I'm very happy with them. But they're a d26/p60 drop in host. I have enough of those(well I never really have enough of those!) but I'd like something that can take the LAs for the e series
I've never had a problem with surefire p60 or p90 LA. They've worked flawlessly as is. God I love the p91 on 2x18650

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a search on eBay for Surefire E2E and there are six auctions right now.

One listing is for brand new, unopened lights that are $96 shipped. There are now 8 left, after I bought one.

Thanks!! :)

Vital Gear makes E-Series compatible bodies. The Malkoff MDC body also accepts E-Series heads.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. I never trust eBay whether I'm getting a genuine item or not. I really don't know anything about e series lights. Is there anywhere online where it shows all the different models? Surefire website doesnt

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The VME head is designed to only use Malkoff LED assemblies. A P60 would require significant modification to the reflector before it would work (I just tried it).

I think McGizmo's McClicky Paks are also compatible with E-Series heads.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

m4a1usr

Enlightened
The VME head is designed to only use Malkoff LED assemblies. A P60 would require significant modification to the reflector before it would work (I just tried it).

I think McGizmo's McClicky Paks are also compatible with E-Series heads.

Good to know. Didn't realize that. Figured if a M6x series would fit in a VME than P60 sized lamps must. Me thinks I need to get a VME head just to play with.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you FM. Unfortunately half of those sales threads are closed and the bodies are just bodies and tail switches. The most important part(the head) is unavailable. So all I'd have is a battery holder. Checking on eBay every head is an led one which I have no interest is. Same goes for the vital gear lights. No head. Oh well I'll keep checking the classifieds. Thank you

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know. Didn't realize that. Figured if a M6x series would fit in a VME than P60 sized lamps must. Me thinks I need to get a VME head just to play with.

VME heads are really nice, with small size being one of their biggest assets.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
VME heads are the only way I use Malkoffs. There's something about not being able to screw the head down all the way on a C/P/Z series or Solarforce clones that I just can't get over, and so I refuse to use them that way.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be worthwhile to contact Calvin at brightflashlights.com to see if he's got any E2E heads in stock. You should be able to use one of these heads with any of the above mentioned bodies.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's currently a want to buy thread in the MarketPlace for a black incan E-Series head. If this person has luck, you may also.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Ya after much research I really want an e2e or e2o. 6p sized lights just too big to comfortably carry in pocket. I wish I hadn't gotten to the flashlight game so late where incans just aren't wanted by many anymore. Still loving my LF lamps and even my $3 dx LAs which I really can't tell the difference

Latest posts