What lights do you carry in your car?

Koto

Newly Enlightened
Wondering what you guys carry in the car. And if any recommendations for something to carry year round that can deal with extreme northeast cold, and crazy NYC humidity/heat, though I'm sure most major manufacturer's lights can deal with the various temperatures. I'll probably pick up a 2xAA Sunwayman or 4sevens though.

So what do you have in the car?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wondering what you guys carry in the car. And if any recommendations for something to carry year round that can deal with extreme northeast cold, and crazy NYC humidity/heat, though I'm sure most major manufacturer's lights can deal with the various temperatures. I'll probably pick up a 2xAA Sunwayman or 4sevens though.

So what do you have in the car?

In mine i have 3 AAA cell light made by an automotive light supplier and was my sales sample to demonstrate to customers.It is bright and lives in the cubby hole by my gear lever.

300WSM

Newly Enlightened
I have an M2 and two extra cells in the center console of my main vehicle. I also carry lights in the go bag in my car as well.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF Minimus and a Maglite 3D. Maglite is good and reliable and the headlamp is very useful, especially if alone.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I carry a Fenix LD12, a Fenix HL21 (locked out to prevent parasitic current drain) in case I need both hands free, e.g., to change a tire, and 2 flashing red LED flares. All are loaded with Energizer Ultimate Lithium primaries.

Those are in addition to whatever I'm carrying on my person as EDC.

Seattle Sparky

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a designated car light. If am in the car, that means car has a minimum of 2 lights, whatever I choose to carry that day.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two, two mode lights on the front in 3,800k (somewhere around 2,400 lumens). Two night vision saving, two mode lights in the rear. I have six emergency lights in amber, visible from all angles. There's also several lights I have mounted in the doors and roof of the car. These all work off an old school lead acid battery, which I recharge via an internal combustion generator.

ven

Flashaholic
I have two, two mode lights on the front in 3,800k (somewhere around 2,400 lumens). Two night vision saving, two mode lights in the rear. I have six emergency lights in amber, visible from all angles. There's also several lights I have mounted in the doors and roof of the car. These all work off an old school lead acid battery, which I recharge via an internal combustion generator.

You go wheeling then,what truck looks after your lights:)

JeremyS

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Promethes Alpha with me. If it's a longer trip--which is rare--I'll throw in the charger with a USB cable.

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore Infinity Defender in the door pocket and a 3D Mag with Malkoff dropin under the seat.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire P2X Fury, bored for 18650 with a Panasonic 18650 in it
Surefire SC1 spares carrier with CR123s

GregY

Newly Enlightened
Incan Maglites don't die, they just get led conversions and stashed in my cars. Seriously, my old Mags, with led conversions and (wherever possible) lithium primaries are what I have as car lights. Each car has a Solitaire in the glove box, a 2-aa mini-Mag in the trunk and a 4-d Mag under the passenger seat. The 4-d with led conversion, even a very old led conversion, has more than sufficient output to help me change a tire on a dark road and the runtime is measured in days.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire G2 with P60 lamp assembly. Various spare lamp assemblies in 6 volt and 9 volt for D26 or E-series lights in SF battery carriers with plenty of extra batteries. A few Surefire batteries in 4 cell aftermarket plastic carriers as well. Some extenders and dummy cells for various situations. All in the glove box of both vehicles. A 6 volt Energizer Industrial lantern light with an alkaline Energizer lantern battery (F cells) in the center console of the car and a Maglite Magnumstar xenon 4 cell lamp installed. With the optic on the Magnumstar lamp and the big lantern light reflector, this light throws like a laser!

Might have to throw a Maglite behind the seat in the truck now that I think about it, why should just the car get an extra light? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Cerberus.

Newly Enlightened
4 cell Maglite, Petzl e-lite, Petzl Tikka XP. Plus what ever my EDC lights are.

ElliDee

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Energizer High Intensity 180 lumen 2AA light in the glove box at all times. With Energizer batteries of course.

quaileggs

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm looking to get something for the car. Was thinking of getting the below LED torch from ebay:-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Pow...2516577?pt=AU_PocketBikes&hash=item2a3c6ebc61

This unit is powered by 4x 18650 batteries and has 5x XML-U2 LEDS. I've read someone say that each LED should be powered by at least 1 18650 battery to get the maximum output. If a torch is limited by 4x 18650 batteries, would it be better to get a 4x LED rather than 5 LEDs???

I'm also wanting find out the differences between all the types of LED's, eg T6 leds, XML-U2 LEDs etc....Don't know the difference between all the different types.

[h=1]High Power UltraFire CREE XM-L U2 X5 6500LM 5 Mode LED Flashlight[/h]
$_12.JPG

672A68079898-1_zps69b0a56c.jpg

12_zps03bf7742.jpg

11_zpsc2790947.jpg

672A68079898-7_zpsec17f14c.jpg

Nightflash

Newly Enlightened
Always start up buying a light "this one I will leave in the car" and than it stays with me - again. Sunwayman or Klarus 2xAA or Balder SE-1 are good ways to go imho, but I gave up. They stay with me anyway, most recent was a 2xAAA Olight Penlight which I was sure could leave there but....:) it´s too useful. Have at least 2 lights on me when I go to the car so I´m fine.