Armytek Predator Pro Problems

Jmarsh667

Newly Enlightened
edit
I recently had ordered an Armytek Wizard pro from going gear and had Issues so I called and they replaced the light. I got the replacement and the new one stopped working the first night! So I call them the next day and they tell me to send them back so I did and right before I got to send them the original one started working again! So I decided to keep the original and send the old one back. Around 2 weeks later the old Wizard pro stopped working again so I called and they requested that I send it back. Before I got around to sending the light back it started working on low mode only. So I decided to hold onto it a little while longer to see if it decided to start working again. It didn't so I ended up returning it. I waited until they received the light and decided to order a Predator Pro this time and try my luck with that since it's so durable. Well I made the order and paid for overnight shipping since I hate waiting and had been without a light for long enough. Anyway I now received the Predator Pro Cool white XPG2 in Black. The light itself is great I love it great quality, Amazing thrower, Nice tint, Awesome modes and features, But I noticed the lights beam was not perfect and for a light of this caliber it should be right? So I looked in the reflector and I can see a piece of lint or something that's visible in the reflector as well as the LED isn't perfectly centered and that the reflector near the LED is kind of messed up so I will post pics. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue as well can anyone tell me if there's has these issues or did I just get a bad light? Is this normal because everywhere else the quality of this light is absolutely Amazing. thank you all for any and all help. BTW this is my first post I think. so I'm sorry if I make any mistakes
folderview

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B880Lr8XYNvTX2NwTnZCVXZtSjQ&usp=sharing

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jmarsh667

Newly Enlightened
Thank you both for your quick reply's I agree. Shouldn't the quality control be higher on a light of this level?I paid over $100 plus $30 Shipping for the most part GoingGear has been very quick and cooperative with everything trying to right the wrong. Although with this they don't seem to be as good with telling me that uncentered emitters they don't cover but I'm dealing with multiple problems not 1 am I right? Has anybody else had any of these problems? I'm starting to think Armytek just sent them a bad batch because out of 3 separate Armytek Lights having issues is quite upsetting. I spent alot and have waited a long time to correct these issues not to mention the trouble of doing it and sending them back that many times. Maybe Vihn can chime in if he can fix this bc I was thinking of sending it to him for a dedome.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfection is an illusion. I would not worry too much. If you look closely enough you will find fault with almost anything.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subwoofer,

You may have right. But I have a similar experience as Jmarsh667 with a Predator Pro; it's about an issue way beyond what a serious quality contol shall accept(easy visible with the eye). Otherwise Armyteks are great lights.

Last edited:

robert.t

Enlightened
Aside from the LED position/lint thing, it sounds like a battery issue to me. Check the voltage with a multimeter. If the light stops working, check the voltage immediately, it might have dropped too low. It's also normal for the voltage to recover slightly after being driven hard, which might explain the coming back from the dead, especially if the light itself has low-voltage protection and it hasn't tripped the protection on the battery (although for all I know you might have an unprotected cell).

Jmarsh667

Newly Enlightened
Aside from the LED position/lint thing, it sounds like a battery issue to me. Check the voltage with a multimeter. If the light stops working, check the voltage immediately, it might have dropped too low. It's also normal for the voltage to recover slightly after being driven hard, which might explain the coming back from the dead, especially if the light itself has low-voltage protection and it hasn't tripped the protection on the battery (although for all I know you might have an unprotected cell).

This light is fine I only had an issue with the Wizard Pro I have over 30 different 18650's that can handle over 5 amp draw so that's not the problem the light was defective trust me nothing worked right.

Jmarsh667

Newly Enlightened
The problem isn't the battery the lights firmware was messed up the electrical system went haywire alot the indicator light always went crazy it would lock out often

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I certainly DON'T complain about emitter positioning or lint in the reflector.
I certainly DO complain about a light that is not consistently reliable! If it doesn't work consistently when you playing around with it in the light, in the house, in the city you certainly don't want to RELY ON it in an important scenario.

I've got a couple of tail cap replacements for my predator pro. I'm starting to get the feeling they are or are turning into a pretty cheap company; give you a light with a faulty tail cap that works sometimes but not consistently. Write them and complain. Complain again and the 3rd time they'll send you out a new one (probably a faulty one they just received) in 4-6 weeks. When it goes out you'll be too tired to bother them anymore. If your a typical American or flashaholic when they come out with a new product you'll be curious enough to give them another try.

Small issue but it means I can't EDC mine - had my replacement pocket click just snap for no apparent reason so that makes 2 bad...