Lemonbest GU10 LED Light Bulb Teardown and Review

electronupdate

Newly Enlightened
Lemonbest.... from the Hong Kong Lemon Tree Co. How's that for a corporate name and brand!

In my quest to build a better lighting system for my Youtube desktop videos I bought a box of these. Their only outstanding quality that I knew of when I bought them was that they were simply the cheapest I could get.

I was not expecting much (and, indeed, there are some truly scary and actually dangerous GU10's floating out there)... but the design and build quality appears to be okish.

The soldering on the AC input leads is a bit dodgy. The design engineer provided for holes on which to mount the wires but clearly production took a short cut. It would have been good if they had double insulated the module as well.... (i.e. wrapped it in yellow tape).

Looks like a 500K bulb. Light pattern is OK. Thermal management actually looks pretty solid.

wws944

Enlightened
Once again, thanks!

I have seen that same basic housing sold under a number of different names, output ratings, dimmable vs non-dimmable, Cree vs non-Cree LEDs, etc. Could you comment on the ratings that yours was advertised to have? At 0:16 in the video, I can make out some of the specs on the side of the box (e.g., 3x3 watt Epistar and cool white), but that is about it.

Last edited:

brickbat

Enlightened
I know it takes more equipment, but LED lamp 'reviews' ought to have a light output measurement. In fact, it's the single most important element, IMHO...