Luxeon III mod for MAG 2D

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to put a white Luxeon III with converter in my MAG 2D. I prefer to use 2D and/or 6AA NiMh batteries.
Any suggestions about which converter to use? BB750, BB1000, ...?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a simple mod, I'd just go with a direct drive mod using 3 C cells. This makes for a very bright light.

If you want to use a converter, I'd keep it simple and go with a BadBoy1000. This wi6ll also make for a very bright light.

LukeK

Enlightened
3 C's won't fit in the 2D body. It's 3 CR123's that fit with a properly sized tube to replace D's.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LukeK said:
3 C's won't fit in the 2D body. It's 3 CR123's that fit with a properly sized tube to replace D's.

[/ QUOTE ]

LukeK, yes, 3 C cells will fit in a 2D Mag.

Look HERE for an example. The instructions are a little outdated, but show how to make the easy 2D to 3C conversion.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Mix up a large batch of Artic Silver and give the first 1/2 inch of the battery tube a nice thick coat of epoxy all the way around."

What does that step do?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
"Mix up a large batch of Artic Silver and give the first 1/2 inch of the battery tube a nice thick coat of epoxy all the way around."

What does that step do?

[/ QUOTE ]

That keeps the heatsink in place and decreases the thermal path between heatsink and body. Also acts like a lubricant before setting up to help the heat sink slide into place.

LukeK

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:

LukeK, yes, 3 C cells will fit in a 2D Mag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, well whaddya know...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, 3C's will fit with some slight modification (namely cutting down the spring and inserting 1" PVC to hold the batteries).

Jon