latching piezo switch

foonanas

Newly Enlightened
I have found a supplier of a latching piezo switch but I am having an issue and their tech support is not very timely. When I hook up the switch to my battery and my led and turn the switch on the led is not as bright as it normally is when hooked straight to the battery. Any ideas as to why this is. THe switch requires 3-24vdc to work. any help would be great..

thanks,

jeremy

Codiak

Enlightened
I have found a supplier of a latching piezo switch but I am having an issue and their tech support is not very timely. When I hook up the switch to my battery and my led and turn the switch on the led is not as bright as it normally is when hooked straight to the battery. Any ideas as to why this is. THe switch requires 3-24vdc to work. any help would be great..

thanks,

jeremy

You don't give the switch model or LED details... at a guess

internal resistance

3-24vdc is all well and good... but at what amperate .5A, 1A, 3A, 5A, 10A?

I've yet to find a piezo I can reliably put directly inline with XML, Mg-t2, sst50 or sst90. Instead I use them in conjunction with some other circuit/driver

foonanas

Newly Enlightened
My bad.. There is not really a model number for the switch. It's from an over seas manufacturer. The first one is an "XML-T6" from one of these type dive lights. I sued the entire led assembly. It's a 2 mode strong and weak. It is being powered buy the same type of battery that came with the original light.

Then I tried this LED with a 12 volt 6ah battery and still got the same thing.. a dimmer light while going through the switch.

I was told from the manufacturer that the switch can be hooked up two different ways. . since the switch itself needs power to operate you can supply it with its on power source or the same power source for your load. Either way.. i get the same effect.