Xstar VP1 Still Top of the Heap?

XxMerlinxX

Newly Enlightened
I've got some new 18650s coming but need to pick up a good charger. Is this still the best bang for your buck charger on the market? Also, can I buy the cheapest that I can find on ebay or should I buy from a reputable online retailer?

ven

Flashaholic
As above ,the vp2 will be my next charger,its not the cheapest but its a great charger.Also can charge 3.8v cells(4.35v) come the time you "might" decide to try.So future proofs it a little too for you investment.........

Want cheap and does the job.....the i4 is good value,not as good as the xtars but has 4 bays,not quickest charger but does the job and stops charging as it should.
I have a wp6 charger(6 bay) also good value imo,again not best AT 650ma charge rate, but good enough for me:)

Single bay i have an sp1,this allows 3.8v charges and has similar options of 0.5A, 1A and 2A charge rates along with 3.2/3.6/3.8v settings.........

ven

Flashaholic
Oh and always a reputable seller,for the extra few $ its piece of mind:)

Not sure where in the world you are,lots of reputable sellers on here that come highly recommended.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
:clap: Yeahhh...than you can charge your battery's up to.. 4,35 volts...IMAO :D :thumbsup::rock::wtf:

Trying to figure out if you're mocking me or agreeing with me... :confused:
Since the VP2 has three termination voltage settings, it's a very versatile charger. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:clap: Yeahhh...than you can charge your battery's up to.. 4,35 volts...IMAO :D :thumbsup::rock::wtf:

You can BUT you need the specific cells,3.8v for example or you would damage a typical 18650 4.2v cell(3.6/3.7v on side to help confuse)

So only 3.8v cells which are 4.35v when fully charged.

3.8v cells can be charged on the 3.6v setting but will only be 90% charged if makes sense:)

HKJ

Flashaholic

This is very useful. For most batteries you will, of course, place the switch in the 3.6 volt position.

DSC_5531.jpg