SL20 battery upgrade

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the SL20 battery stick be upgraded to NiMh? I remember some here talking about Powerstream packs. How much difference would an upgraded pack make? I plan on using an SL35 lamp.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
Can the SL20 battery stick be upgraded to NiMh? I remember some here talking about Powerstream packs. How much difference would an upgraded pack make? I plan on using an SL35 lamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was told, 1.2v is 1.2v no matter if it is NiCD or NiMH. I just ordered x5 9amp NiMH D-Cells for my SL-35x and should receive tomorrow via USPS. Once the batteries have been cycled a few times I expect to see the runtime jump from 1.5 to 2.75 hours(The 2.75 is approximate). The batteries will be charged in a stand-alone NiCD/NiMH Charger.

Dave

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the improvement is runtime? Can they charge in the light via the streamlight charger?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
So the improvement is runtime? Can they charge in the light via the streamlight charger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, in this batt configuration! Now to increase voltage you can jump it up to 7.2v or 9.6v by chosing either x6 C-Cell's (NiMH) or x8 1/2 D Cell's (NiMH). The Streamlight Charger will work on NiMH's. The ole' analogy 1.2v is 1.2v!