Malkoff Dome Light For vehicles...

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I'm curious too, I really want one of these. My vehicle is hard on dome lights for some reason and I know the Malkoff would be durable etc.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
This thing is bitchen! Super bright, and well made! Good show Malkoff!

This is will light up your cab like the Superdome.

If your vehicle does not have an LED from the factory, get this, worth every penny.

Sorry after three million photos in 24 something years, no hobby photos. Besides, you guys do better with your I phones.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I posted this in LED FLASHLIGHTS, and it is now in the BUDGET LIGHTS forum. Mind you, this is a Malkoff and High quality, I think we need a Misc. LED Lights forum, as there are so many applications LEDs are used in now.

Really, it is not a low budget item -- maybe we can start a new forum for quality Misc.
and other LED lights without the 'Budget' term.

Just a thought.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I posted this in LED FLASHLIGHTS, and it is now in the BUDGET LIGHTS forum. Mind you, this is a Malkoff and High quality, I think we need a Misc. LED Lights forum, as there are so many applications LEDs are used in now.

Really, it is not a low budget item -- maybe we can start a new forum for quality Misc.
and other LED lights without the 'Budget' term.

Just a thought.
I just checked the edit history for this thread and it has none - as far as the system is concerned it has never been moved, so I truly don't know why it was located there.

I do agree that /Budget/ is not the correct location, I believe that the most appropriate place is the /Automotive lighting/ subforum and will move it there for the time being.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
That one looks interesting, but won't fit either of my trucks or my car, which all take the longer 211-2 festoon bulb without pointed ends. I got a tip on this, haven't seen it for sale anywhere else, so I went ahead and bought them (from the link) out of England. Has pointed ends but fit fine in place of the 211-2. They're great...nice and bright, light up the whole cabin, and have already saved my battery when I left the dome light on over a weekend.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
That one looks interesting, but won't fit either of my trucks or my car, which all take the longer 211-2 festoon bulb without pointed ends. I got a tip on this, haven't seen it for sale anywhere else, so I went ahead and bought them (from the link) out of England. Has pointed ends but fit fine in place of the 211-2. They're great...nice and bright, light up the whole cabin, and have already saved my battery when I left the dome light on over a weekend.

I've been eyeing those ever since Dan Stern told me about them. A friend gave me a cheap panel with like 24 or so LEDs, and it's not HORRIBLE other than being very 'cool' and somewhat dim. Probably PERFECT for the tuner crowd.

Did save the battery for me once, though, so that was nice.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I've had the Malkoff dome light in my '94 Corolla since the weekend (couldn't resist the ~15% Memorial Day sale).

However, nothing significant to report yet - the nights are relatively short now and every time I'm using my car it's been pretty much daylight. :(

markweatherill

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to replace my car's interior lights with LEDs but I don't know what would happen to the gentle fade-in and out which I like.How do LED replacements tend to behave in fitments where the original bulbs do this?