any specific issue with snwayman v11r?

bullet08

Newly Enlightened
specifically the low number of threads for the head unit. does it ever come off in the pocket?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is the same as ven's.

I've used both my V11R Mirage (with extender) and V11RVn regularly without any issues. The O-ring keeps it pretty snug. Have not experienced any dropped head problems.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had no problem with the head coming off.

I did find that it didn't work with the extender fitted, turned out to be the 'O' ring fitted was too big and not allowing the extender to make contact with the body so I changed it for a thinner 'O' ring.

I also didn't like having a clip-on belt clip so fitted a titanium one instead.

V11RampSC52WTitaniumClips_zps5f3c2b2b.jpg

Last edited:

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
I have both V11R neutral white and Mirage; with little use, but any issue and good performance for both...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only issue I had was with my V10R, which presumably uses the same driver as the V11R.

I once accidentally put in the battery the wrong way in my V10R. Even though it was only in for a second, that was enough to screw up the driver. The light still works, but the ramping is all messed up. Now 3/4 of the ring's turn ramps very slowly from barely lit to a dim moonlight. Then, in just a few degrees of turn, the ramp abruptly goes from moonlight to max.

NEVER put in the battery the wrong orientation in your V10 or V11... it may kill it.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my V11R almost every day and have had it for quite awhile. No problems! It's a handy light.