Could you help to introduce some experienced reviewers on LED diving torch?

wuliping

Newly Enlightened
Dear all,

This is the first thread i post here, we are the manufacturer on LED diving torch, but pls don't kick me out of this active forum,
03.gif
we need your help.

We are considering doing some reviews these days, but we are not familiar with those experienced reviewers, could you help and introduce some to me?

There are a ton of people on the web who review diving torches, but we are considering to open the door to see who your favorite are! Whose opinions do you value and who do you look at for information? I know there are tons on in-depth guys here on CPF! Do you watch any videos online? Follow any other blogs or websites?

If there are anyone interested or introduce others, could you please send me some information about him, such as, his review experience, review links, and so on....
And later we will random select a part of them to help us on the review tests.

Thanks in advance, appreciated!
coffee.gif
:thanks::clap:

Best regards,
Vivian

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guess they haven't actually made one yet. The one in the picture is a plastic mock-up. And the RD-85 looks like a computer model.

wuliping

Newly Enlightened
I would guess they haven't actually made one yet. The one in the picture is a plastic mock-up. And the RD-85 looks like a computer model.

Haha, we have made it, the website has updated. :) Welcome for your visiting...

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I no longer see any links in the thread. Can you provide updated links to the updated web site? Thanks.

Do you have a pressure tank? That is the first thing you need as a manufacturer of diving lights

Arguably not the FIRST thing, but definitely necessary. I've developed the ability to test my lights to 1000 FSW, but it's my firm belief that a well-designed light is more likely to leak in shallow water than in deep water, due to poor maintenance. Every light I've had that has flooded has been in shallow (less than 60 fsw) water and attributable to poor maintenance, not poor design.

Cheap lights never come with good maintenance recommendations. I've never owned a new, expensive light. Do they typically come with maintenance instructions that address how to eliminate both shallow and deep water floods?

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I no longer see any links in the thread. Can you provide updated links to the updated web site? Thanks.

Arguably not the FIRST thing, but definitely necessary. I've developed the ability to test my lights to 1000 FSW, but it's my firm belief that a well-designed light is more likely to leak in shallow water than in deep water, due to poor maintenance. Every light I've had that has flooded has been in shallow (less than 60 fsw) water and attributable to poor maintenance, not poor design.

Cheap lights never come with good maintenance recommendations. I've never owned a new, expensive light. Do they typically come with maintenance instructions that address how to eliminate both shallow and deep water floods?

Well, that is my experience and I founded a and ran for years a diving lights company.

The tank is not needed for "manufacturing", but for designing... Unless of course you can dive with them and test the lights on real conditions, which is something our friends in Dongguan, GD province, can't do.

I wil tell you one secret. In real manufacturing I used steam and 0,1 bar pressure to check the waterproofness of the lights. Steam still can get into while water can't, because of its size, and when it does it is easier to notice because you will see it on the lens. And a light which is made from stiff material won't be deformed under pressure, so basically what is airtight at 0,1 bar is watertight at -200 m.

Regarding lights which need "pressure" to have their o-rings and joints working, it is a flaw in design IMO.

Regarding the maintenance... what I have seen in cheap lights is that they tend to "cut corners" is BOM costs, and the choice of low quality o-rings, in addition to low quality lubricants is most of the times the key.

Javier

Last edited:

wuliping

Newly Enlightened
Do you have a pressure tank? That is the first thing you need as a manufacturer of diving lights

Mr. Barbarin, yes, we do have the pressure tank, when we designing, we need it to test if it is qualified. Before sending orders out, we test them for half an hour again. Thank you!

wuliping

Newly Enlightened

Mr DIWdiver, haha,,yes, it seems i still didn't type any links about our company in this thread, appreciated for your remind, if you guys don't mind and won't think that i am advertising, then i will write it down, it is www.scubalamp.com.:thumbsup:

Last edited: