Maha MH-C808M Charger flashing "done" BEFORE charging

spwbeeper

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've had my Maha MH-C808M charger for several years now, and it has served me well. I've never really had a problem with it, until a few weeks ago.

Suddenly, the charger began flashing "done" on the three right-most banks even before I placed any batteries in to charge. Of course, I tried unplugging, and replugging in the unit, but it still continues to flash "done" in the three right-most banks. I've read the at the flashing "done" at the end of the charging cycle is "normal" in certain circumstances, but what does the flashing "done" mean, before I even insert any batteries?

I can insert batteries into the 5 left-most banks, and they seem to charge correctly, but I simply cannot use the 3 right-most banks (which obviously isn't ideal as I'm losing almost half my charging capacity).

Has anyone else seen this? And more importantly, is there a workaround or fix?

Joe.

Ardillakilla

Newly Enlightened
I have something similar going on. I replaced the capacitors and one of the switching transistors but it's still not working. I don't really have the time to troubleshoot it further and since I have a C9000 and hobby charger, I haven't used the C808M much the past few years.