Honey, I'm home...

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honey, I\'m home...

After 9 months in Iraq, my wife finally got her 2 week leave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Had to hide most of the collection so this didn't happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif "you payed how much for this light?!?"

She's home here in Texas, enjoying the good life and being pampered. She got a day at the spa yesterday, I'm doing all the cooking/cleaning, and she can do what she wants, when she wants, and how she wants to do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif (figured I'd throw in one of these graemins for good measure.)

The top two things I think she's missed most were indoor plumbing (porcelain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif) and a hot shower (and the fact that she didn't have to walk 3/4 a mile to get to it either).

We're going to visit family over the holidays and we're so lucky to get leave over the holidays. I know there are a lot of people still over there with jusrt a lot of sand for presents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so let's keep them in our prayers.

Just wanted to let you all know why I won't be on much over the next few weeks.

-Jason /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re: Honey, I\'m home...

Hello Jason,

Give your wife a big hug from me and thank her for her service overseas.

Glad you can be together over the holidays.

Tom

Tomas

Banned

I think we'll be upset if you ARE on here much over the next couple weeks ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Let her know that we really DO care. Tell her 'thanks.'

Now go pay attention to her. Go! Shoo! Get! Scram!

T_sig6.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jason,
That is great news! I guess this means at night, you will not be playing with flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update: In case anybody missed me, I'm back. We had a great time. My wife returned to Iraq at the end of December and I've been busy at work since then.

Her unit is due to leave Iraq at the end of March, so it's just a little bit longer now.

What kind of flashaholic would I be if I didn't tell you about the reaction to the lights: She saw quite a bit of the collection of flashlights and other stuff I bought while she was gone. She didn't seem at all put off by the lights I bought, even when I told her how much they cost. Maybe all that time in the dark and only under battery power for the first few months there gave her a new appreciation for quality lights.

The odd thing is that my McLux failed to get the overwhelming response that I thought it would. She was more impressed with my modded Surefire Q3 KL1 with glowpowder head on E1e body than anything else--maybe because it looked tactical???

She liked my Arc LS-P, but she didn't take it with her since she already has a few Luxeon powered sandwich lights that run on easier to find AA's. However, she did take my X2 Glowrings and the Arc R-G-B (more for novelty than anything else).

While she was there, she seemed to get a lot of use out of the CMG Infinities and Ultra. She somehow broke her Streamlight Stylus and I'll have to take a look at it when she comes back.

That's about all for now...anything else non-flashlight related that happened is none of your business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

-Jason

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

Hi Jason,
When I see posts like this it reminds me to pray for our troops. I'm glad you got to be together for Christmas!
Now back to business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Are you aware that the ARC LS4 is now called the ARC4 and they just started shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Also welcome back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

ARC4 is ready.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif Well, now I know.

Looks like I may have to wait a little while to scrape up the $180. I blew my flashlight account while pampering my wife with fancy dinners, expensive Christmas presents and a day at the spa. What was I thinking-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

-Jason

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

I'm glad to hear that you have your priorities in order & took good care of your wife. Now you just have to save up the money & get your ARC4 before she gets back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif