Upgrade for Fenix PD32UE

kwukduck

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Currently i have a Fenix PD32UE, i'm very satisfied with the light but it's been around for a while now and i'm looking for an upgrade.

I'm very happy with the format and build, the spill and throw (although i wouldn't mind slightly more throw), the 'controls', the water resistance.

For the new flashlight i would like to keep these properties pretty much the same, with increase of battery time and increased light output and a tiny bit more throw.

How does the PD35 serve as an upgrade?

Any other recommendations?

Last edited:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved the tint of the PD32UE but I did not like how floody it was. I think floody lights are more served for up close type of use. By the time you get out there a hundred feet or so that beam is wide.

The PD35 is less floody and so throws further. I also have a couple of PD32's that I modified with XP-G2 of my liking and that light is one of my favorites. I ended up selling the PD32UE and just have the PD35 and the PD32's.

If you want a similar light that has even more throw than the PD35, there is the Nitecore P12......and I owned that one once but didn't like it as well as the PD35.

To each his own. You'll find folks siding with both depending on personal preference.

Last edited: