How to disassemble Malkoff MD2/3/4/ tailcap

Lithium466

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post that, I've hesitated between here and the general flashlight discussion thread so please forgive me if this is not the right place :crazy:

The switch of my Malkoff MD2 died, and I've bought a new McClicky, but I am not able so sort out how to access the switch... I tried unscrewing (counter-clockwise and clockwise) the switch directly, without success. There is no obvious retaining ring that I can see like Solarforce switch...

So, what should I do to replace my switch? I haven't found anything about it except "switch is user replaceable". Please help ;)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Malkoff has used two different switches for these .... Which version Malkoff host do you have?

In any case, contacting Malkoff directly for assistance is very likely to be helpful. They have excellent customer service & warranty support :thumbsup:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is exactly like this one . . .

not sure if it's ok to post links like that...

That switch comes out via the end of the tailcap. There is an O-ring that holds the switch cover (boot) in place. Just remove that and the cover and you will see the top of the switch housing. Just use a pair of needle-nosed or snap-ring pliers and you can thread it right out.

However, I would still check in with Malkoff. Wouldn't be surprised if they just get a new one on its way to you. :thumbsup:

Lithium466

Enlightened
Thanks! Now I can access the switch directly, but mu pliers are too week to unscrew it, I'm going to buy some needle-nose pliers and I should be good.
I've sent a message to Malkoff too :)