Best place to buy NCR18650A panasonic? Now that FastTech can't ship batteries....

Wacki

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy Panasonic NCR18650A batteries. FastTech used to be my go to place. They no longer ship batteries thanks to the USPS safety regulations. I see them listed on Amazon. Are these legit or fakes? AW on amazon are fakes.

Best place to get unprotected Panasonic cells?

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I do not think it is USPS regs. I just received 10 Soshine 18650 from Illumination Supply in San Jose CA via USPS today. I believe it is IATA regulations due to explosions of cheap junk lithium Ion batteries in mail on airplanes. I remember having a package delayed almost a month in HK the last time there was a battery explosion problem back in about December or so. Orbtronic lists what you want per a Google search it looks like.

crucialcolin

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for these same batteries myself planing to place my order with FastTech. Bummed to find this out.

Orbtronic may have to do

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well damn, I just ordered some stuff from fasttech a week or two ago, including two Panasonic batteries. I guess all I can do is cross my fingers, eh?

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
Was able to get 4 Orbtronics from Amazon for $15.75 each, including shipping, which is cheaper than their website.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got tracking update, no mention of dangerous goods, and apparently it's in NJ, probably waiting on customs. Apparently malay post is just being extra careful after people took advantage of their policies and shipped flares and fireworks via the service, which is prohibited but not strongly enforced.

I would just recommend buying from a US source to be safe.