McGizmo S27-PD Triple 219

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a build from several months back.

McGizmo S27-PD host.

1 peice Aluminum heatsink
3 x McR12 reflectors
3 x Nichia 219 emitters
3 mode 3A driver
Custom power contact

The solid aluminum heatsink was machined to fit the reflectors, emitters, and driver in a single drop-in assembly.
Only the power/ground need to be soldered and the set-screw secured on the bottom of the head.
The power/ground contact ring needs to be finished nicer but has just been getting use instead.

The front end needs to be repolished due to handling and storage between other builds.
Those McR12 reflectors do a great job of providing a good amount of throw and smooth spill.

Not much else to say, so here's some pictures.

2014-05-17_07-08-32_687.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing work Tim. You are really knocking these McGizmo update mods out of the park.

Thanks a lot, Sean! Also thanks a bunch for the wire! It came in the weekends mail. Let me know if I can ever repay the nice gesture!:wave:

WHoooo. Don't know what to do with a LS20

Glad to hear you're enjoying your light!:thumbsup:

Thank you as well, Tucker! :thumbsup:

When I have some more time to finish it, I'll post a build thread for the "double-triple Makia" a.k.a....LS38..:devil:

96c7ebb0-3bc3-4a6c-a632-1e3bee96e2b8.jpg

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim - you are welcome. I hope you like that wire. It's so flexible, twists and solders very easily, and you can strip it with your fingernails and you won't stretch the insulation or pull out the wires.

LS38 - :drool:

Latest posts