Worked as advertised!

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got in from outside with my SL-35x loaded with 5 freshly charged 9amp D-Cell NiMH Batt's and everything worked fine. I will spend all week breaking in the batteries so I can enjoy the 2.75hr(time is approximate) runtime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A fellow CPF'er Bullzeyebill gave me the idea and pointed me into the right direction... Thank you sir!

Dave

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave. I'd like to get some NiMH for my trusty old SL-20. Could you point me in the same direction?

Thanks,
John

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JohnnyB said:
It is 5, 1/2D cells. Total length is 7 1/8"

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately you don't have a lot of options in your case with the SL-20x. The SL-35x has a longer body thus more options e.g. x8 1/2 D's, x6 C-Cells and the x5 D-Cells. With the SL-20x I think the only thing available would be what you have the 1/2 D's. Now, Battery Station and Powerstream sell the 1/2 D's in the NiMH which would give you more amperage thus longer runtime. I think with PowerStream (I never have delt with them before) but I think you have to buy in a "lot". BatteryStation would be another source and you could probably give them a call to see if they could set you up with x5 1/2 D NiMH Battery Stick.

Check out the following www.powerstream.com & www.batterystation.com

Give them a call...