New batteries?

ven

Flashaholic
Typically you can get a slight swirl on the - end from the spring in the tail cap when used in single cell lights (for example).

To me they look fine,maybe a slight mark when tested and sent at 3.7v(40% ish usually)

Have a good few Xtar cells,pany inside,great value imo too:)

Geese

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the replies.

Chris: I'm not sure if they are a bone fide Xtar dealer or not. I found them on Amazon market place. Here is the link. If you cant read Japanese it might not help.

https://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&r...=GuhlGKxQdy4kEl5Sklg2yQ&bvm=bv.68235269,d.dGI

Ven:

Is it typical for a seller to test them before they send them? I had no idea. There is a slight circle on two of them and all of them have a set of faint scratches similar to the hands on a clock. Could be from inserting and removing from a charger. I do have a voltmeter but I have read that it means nothing unless there is a draw on the cells while testing. After an hour long walk with the light trying different modes some short amounts of Turbo into the water and illuminating a small island a 150 meters off shore I am pretty happy with the light. I just put it into lock out mode and it flashed 4.2V. I haven't the foggiest of ideas if that is what it should be at or not.

Hopefully they last me a while and don't explode.

Geese

ven

Flashaholic
I am not sure if its common practice,personally a test before from a batch of cells makes sense to me.Stop or certainly reduce any DOA cells that seem to get through now and then.
Will get a pic of my cell to show,yours looks like a 3400 so will find mine and show it.

ven

Flashaholic

Dont know if helps or not.............doh:shakehead 3 mins later...................

Pic of base,as you can see it has the circle from the spring,but also similar scratches of which must have been there ,or possibly again from being testes either by Xtar or seller

Regards ven:)

Geese

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for posting pics!

Yes very similar but fewer scratches. Does 4.2 volts sound right?

Geese

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
When you received the cell it should be around 3.7v "ish" at 40% "ish" charge. At 4.2v its 100% charged so after use i would expect it obviously to drop some. How much time/use and what light is in question(lumens wise)

What did you measure the V with,the light indicator maybe on the light,a MM for example as they could be slightly out.

If a multi cell light then its spread over 4 cells(for example) so the drop depending on use will be less per cell(again dependent on mode/output.

Geese

Newly Enlightened
Ven:

It was the TM11 self measurement when put into lockout mode. I used it for a half hour mostly on regular mode and briefly on turbo. Yes, the four cells are in parallel.

Geese

Lithium466

Enlightened
When I received my Wtar 18700 2600mAh, there was no scratch like this. But I don't think the store I bought them (well-known "Chinese" online store starting by F) took the time to test them before shipping.