Fenix LD02 - AAA Clicky with CLip ????

N_N_R

Enlightened
Thanks guys :)

Aha, I see, the catalogue thread. Well, perhaps, but I thought it deserved its own thread, too :D

I'm already waiting for them to appear on eBay with free international shipping directly from China.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone posted this video comparing the new Fenix LD02 with the LD01.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Really happy to hear news of this upgrade, as my LD01/Microstream 'clicky' combo is getting a little long in the tooth.
I see that the LD02 is ~1/2 inch shorter, more good news. Looks like a winner.

Have reports confirmed as to what mode it starts in? I can live with 'high' or 'low' (~8 lumens, that isn't low :rolleyes:) but starting on 'med' is the only thing I dislike about my LD01.

Edit: That is a forward-clicky right?

Last edited:

Infinite Zero

Newly Enlightened
Medium - Low - High is the order. No key ring either.

I just picked one up at my local REI. It's also on their website.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the two videos, medium - low - high to me as well. I think it is a reverse clicky. From the video, click could be heard before the light came on.

The winners for me is the TIR broad beam, clicky. Not so keen on the output. Less on max for more runtime and lower low for more runtime would be my preference. Good runtime on medium though and I can live with the higher high but need a 24+ hour low. Mind you, it can't tail stand like the LD01 so that is one application for low mode that I would normally use.

I wonder how easy it is to mod? Might be one for Vinh.

john doe

Newly Enlightened
so , now way to keychain mount this ld02?? fail......thats what i love most about my ld01 is being on my keychain . does the ld02 come in stainless?

naaaaak

Newly Enlightened
I see that the LD02 is ~1/2 inch shorter, more good news
The LD02 is about the same dimensions as the LD01. I think you looked at the different light at the bottom of the video.

John Doe said:
now way to keychain mount this ld02?? fail......thats what i love most about my ld01 is being on my keychain
Their site says "fits in your pocket or on your keychain". I'll confirm it in a few days when mine arrives. If not, that would be a dealbreaker for me.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Really happy to hear news of this upgrade, as my LD01/Microstream 'clicky' combo is getting a little long in the tooth.
I see that the LD02 is ~1/2 inch shorter, more good news. Looks like a winner.

The LD02 is about the same dimensions as the LD01. I think you looked at the different light at the bottom of the video.
I was referring to my 3.5" long LD01/Microstream (rear clicky) combo per my post above.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A keychain attachment is visible near the tailcap on many of the official Fenix product pictures. I think it would be too much of an oversight for the supposed successor to their premium keychain light not to include one.

I really hope they update the current LD01 to XP-G2 as well as releasing this though. The LD02 does look good, but it's different in too many ways to be considered a direct replacement for the LD01.

Infinite Zero

Newly Enlightened
A keychain attachment is visible near the tailcap on many of the official Fenix product pictures. I think it would be too much of an oversight for the supposed successor to their premium keychain light not to include one.
It's definitely not included. My LD02 only came with a spare O ring. I had the dealer check another one too, just to be sure it wasn't just a mistake.

The updated E05 will be a more direct replacement for the LD01.

youlight

Newly Enlightened
One Fenix dealer told me the LD02 can be only available in REI now in the U.S.A.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my LD02 in my local REI yesterday. I really like this light, although the low could have been a bit lower. My question is, can I use it with a 10440?