• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

NEW 10250 option at Overready!

gonefishing

Enlightened
Looks pretty slick! I just ordered one in brass with the 219 emitter. I have an MBI that runs off of that cell and the output is impressive. Perfect size for keychain.

Screwdriver

Newly Enlightened
Looks pretty slick! I just ordered one in brass with the 219 emitter. I have an MBI that runs off of that cell and the output is impressive. Perfect size for keychain.

I just picked up an Brass Ultra X.....one of these will be my next,

Kamerat

Enlightened
A 10250 SS version is coming my way. I am wondering how long it will be from mule to lug.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Here's mine:

250.jpg

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
10180 and 10280 batteries dropped out of production last year and are generally impossible to now get .... folks who don't already have cells, may be out of luck.

:(

Are there no plans for any battery manufacturers to restart production of these cells ?

Small capacity Li-Ion batteries need frequent cycling and don't seem to hold up over time too well, either :sigh:

Last edited:

Kamerat

Enlightened
Here's mine:

250.jpg

Thank you! Great size. I think it will take the place of the Peak SS 10180 on my keys - looking forward to see the postman. The 10180 is very small, but with a very short battery life and since it is difficult to get batteries, the 10250 will be great!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
:(

Are there no plans for any battery manufacturers to restart production of these cells ?

Small capacity Li-Ion batteries need frequent cycling and don't seem to hold up over time too well, either :sigh:

I don't have inside information, but a production run of cells costs $15-50k, depending on size, etc. My sense with those cells is that they all came from the same run and when they finally sold out, had not sold quickly enough to justify a second run. It may also be possible that the factory closed, etc. In any case, the 10250s offer output, runtime, and size, so I'm pretty happy with them. So I havn't given up on the older sizes, but don't expect to see them again.

When buying my first peak back in '08 or so, I debated between the 180 and 280 size. As Kamerat says (and reading reviews at the time), 180 guys tend to complain about runtime, so I went with 280. I was still using that very first cell until last week (with good runtime and output) when I changed over to the 250. As with IMR, the key to longevity is recharging asap when you determine voltage is low. Cumulative time spent at low voltage speeds aging.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't have inside information, but a production run of cells costs $15-50k, depending on size, etc. My sense with those cells is that they all came from the same run and when they finally sold out, had not sold quickly enough to justify a second run. It may also be possible that the factory closed, etc. In any case, the 10250s offer output, runtime, and size, so I'm pretty happy with them. So I havn't given up on the older sizes, but don't expect to see them again.

When buying my first peak back in '08 or so, I debated between the 180 and 280 size. As Kamerat says (and reading reviews at the time), 180 guys tend to complain about runtime, so I went with 280. I was still using that very first cell until last week (with good runtime and output) when I changed over to the 250. As with IMR, the key to longevity is recharging asap when you determine voltage is low. Cumulative time spent at low voltage speeds aging.

Well ... keeping Li-Ion batteries charged at a high SoC (high voltage), and especially at relatively high temperature, may cause premature aging too :shrug:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Thanks for the info on the discontinued batteries, I hope that another run of these happens before I need replacements :)