Panasonic BQ-CC14 USB Charger Kit (equivalent to Sanyo MDU01)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
6rrDFXw.jpg

PvuKNZe.jpg

707JkmC.jpg

KDWCrSY.jpg

KE7vQGl.jpg

I've always loved my Sanyo MDU01 USB charger. It's small. The USB plug tucks in neatly. It's great for travel. AA / AAA. 2 independent channels. Delta-V charge termination i.e. a "smart" charger. In fact it's my favorite NiMH charger... but availability could be an issue. So I chanced upon this Panasonic kit...

Aside from the different USB plug everything else seems to be the same. Even the circuit board is the same.

The cells are obviously different. Evolta 2050mah, 1600 cycles. They are claimed to be "ready to use" so i guess they have some LSD characteristics as well.

Capacity tests using Imax B6. 1.0A discharge test down to 0.8V:

Evolta: 1734mah
Eneloop HR-3UTGB: 1769mah
Eneloop HR-3UTG: 1698mah

Pretty decent performance I suppose. Sorry couldn't test the LSD characteristics.

Good charger. Virtually identical to the excellent MDU01. Buy it.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
Nice find!

I might have a look for this one.

Shame no-one else seems to have noticed this thread as there is often talk of the discontinued Sanyo model.

thanks.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Thanks Overclocker for the link to this. Appreciated. Seems to not have made it into the USA yet other than from HK ebay sellers. I found it there for $23 including free USA shipping.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Do an ebay search for the Maha Duo 9000. I recently bought one and it is a dual separate channel microprocessor controlled NiMH USB powered charger for AA and AAA batteries. It is from a Korean maker and is not a Maha USA unit. Not a clone of any Maha USA charger either but also not a POS simple timed charger as the time to recharge a pair of Eneloop XX partially discharged batteries was way shorter than a simple timed charger would take. XTAR also does a single battery at a time USB powered charger that can do both NiMH and short length Lithium Ion batteries up to 18500 length per the description. Model number is XP1. If you want a USB powered dual slot lithium Ion charger then look for the XTAR MC2.

The Maha ebay seller is buykingkorea_seoul and the item number is 171343279152. Hope that this helps.

SeanTek

Newly Enlightened
Hello, first post.

I have been looking for this Panasonic BQ-CC14, but I cannot find it anywhere. Is it still available? Has anyone been able to find an equivalent? I am in the USA.

I understand that it was never sold in the USA; all pictures that I have found on the web look like it's from Thailand.

Panasonic USA sells this spare part, DE-PAD010B: AAA Battery Charger. http://shop.panasonic.com/audio-and...ssories/headphone-accessories/DE-PAD010B.html It looks very suspiciously exactly like the BQ-CC14. There are very few pictures online, and it is unclear if the AA/AAA hinge is fused to make it AAA only, or if it will accept AA as well.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sanyo NC-MDU01 might be the same charger.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?165664-Sanyo-NC-MDU01-AA-AAA-USB-Charger

John.

Hello, first post.

I have been looking for this Panasonic BQ-CC14, but I cannot find it anywhere. Is it still available? Has anyone been able to find an equivalent? I am in the USA.

I understand that it was never sold in the USA; all pictures that I have found on the web look like it's from Thailand.

Panasonic USA sells this spare part, DE-PAD010B: AAA Battery Charger. http://shop.panasonic.com/audio-and...ssories/headphone-accessories/DE-PAD010B.html It looks very suspiciously exactly like the BQ-CC14. There are very few pictures online, and it is unclear if the AA/AAA hinge is fused to make it AAA only, or if it will accept AA as well.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're essentially the same, just rebranded from Sanyo to Panasonic when the name change went into effect a couple of years back.

They're hard to find. I've tracked them, the Sanyo at least, on Ebay for a couple of years. BHP Photo out of Brooklyn, NY had some new old stock, but wanted $50 shipped, so I passed. Another seller had a handful and wanted $40. I think that I offered $30 and it was denied.

There are Indonesian made clones out there, for <$20 and I now see some Spanish seller selling an Eneloop packaged charger with two AAAs for about $40 shipped, but I can't vouch for the authenticity, although he does mention 'made in Japan.'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-Enelo...456807?hash=item4d44c842e7:g:vi0AAOSwSWJXRDjB

Indonesian seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-Enelo...939970?hash=item2a5c1b9d02:g:SqYAAOSwf-VWaaqd

I'd love to have one, but I'm not willing to spend $40-$50 for one, as there are other chargers out there that work well enough, for cheaper.

Chris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's two channel, but it's cheaper than the Eneloop versions and comes from the king of the hill in NiMH batteries, so I figure it works well enough? It's an emergency item, not a daily use item, IMO.

Chris