Zebralight SC62 and SC62w

jak

Enlightened
Oh my, this sounds impressive to me. According to the Zebralight comparison spreadsheet, there will be XM-L2 versions of the SC62d lights coming in July 2014 (in Zebralight speak, that usually means several months after July).

At any rate, expect 1000 lumens for cool white, and 930 for neutral white.

Wow!

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful news.
I love the aesthetics of the SC62 but I wanted an led neutral withe

jak

Enlightened
Wonderful news.
I love the aesthetics of the SC62 but I wanted an led neutral withe
Not to mention almost tripple the output. For me, the question is do I keep my SC62d in addition to this light?

So here's a question, do you think the max brightness will last for 1 or 5 minutes?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea about this.
Perhaps it is too early to make assumptions, could have PID but I do not see this on the document.
I did not expect so many performance, I think Zebralight will do a good job as it did on the SC600.

(Translate with Google)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it does list both the new SC62 and SC62w as having PID, just not in the far right column, but rather, under the "max output" column.

markr6

Flashaholic
Not to mention almost tripple the output. For me, the question is do I keep my SC62d in addition to this light?

I'm not sure either. I'll probably keep both since calling their "w" versions "neutral' is being very generous. The 5000K SC62d neutral is in fact "neutral" IMO.

But I'll probably be playing the "w" tint lottery very soon!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure either. I'll probably keep both since calling their "w" versions "neutral' is being very generous. The 5000K SC62d neutral is in fact "neutral" IMO.

But I'll probably be playing the "w" tint lottery very soon!

if ZL would consider, as a special order, charging $20 more to offer an XML2 T6 3C tint, well, that would rock more than a few worlds. Even Vinh's XML2 dedomed 'PDT' is only a couple clicks away from the coveted neutral so many of us desire. It is entirely acceptable.

rickyro

Enlightened
SC62d still sound more attractive to me because of the 5000k LED.

Got SC52w two weeks ago, love it!

Will get SC600 next week. I found that cool white light more preferable in the wild due to no red tint to the trees.

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened
It almost look like a straight version of the H600 MII's which would be very sweet! I have an H600fw MII and while I hardly every use it on full power, it is impressive how much light they can get to come out of such a small light! I Like the PID feature because it decreases the max output in many small steps that are really hard to see unless I really look for them. I think the SC62w would be a pretty slick EDC light if it's anything like the new H600's.

dofty

Newly Enlightened
what will be difference between sc62(w) and sc600(w)L2 ? same battery, same LED, and nearly the same circuit

jak

Enlightened
what will be difference between sc62(w) and sc600(w)L2 ? same battery, same LED, and nearly the same circuit
Size mainly. In my opinion, that's a huge deal as this is a light that's easy to carry every day. The 600 is chunky.

Viperbart

Newly Enlightened
Size mainly. In my opinion, that's a huge deal as this is a light that's easy to carry every day. The 600 is chunky.

+1
I wish I would have waited a few months to get the SC62 instead of the SC600, just because of the size.
Don't get me wrong tough, I don't regret getting that torch at all.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
SC62 cool white now in stock! (ignore the typo under the photo showing SC62d)

Come on 62w!!!

edit:

Do I even need my SC600wII L2??? (provided all these specs from ZL are correct)

SC600II L2
H1 1100 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 670 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 356 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 162 Lm (11 hrs)

SC62
H1 1000 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 620 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 350 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 160 Lm (11 hrs)

~ $10 cheaper
~ Lighter (half the weight)
~ Smaller, especially the head
~ Almost identical output
~ Same runtimes
~ Better screw-on clip (but I never had an issue with the 600's clip)

Beam style could be the only major difference. But from what I can tell on my SC62d, the beam is still pretty throwy like the SC600.

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC62 cool white now in stock! (ignore the typo under the photo showing SC62d)

Come on 62w!!!

edit:

Do I even need my SC600wII L2??? (provided all these specs from ZL are correct)

SC600II L2
H1 1100 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 670 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 356 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 162 Lm (11 hrs)

SC62
H1 1000 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 620 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 350 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 160 Lm (11 hrs)

~ $10 cheaper
~ Lighter (half the weight)
~ Smaller, especially the head
~ Almost identical output
~ Same runtimes
~ Better screw-on clip (but I never had an issue with the 600's clip)

Beam style could be the only major difference. But from what I can tell on my SC62d, the beam is still pretty throwy like the SC600.

i'm ordering, right now!

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I held an SC600 (original one) and found it quite comfortable to hold. Maybe if you holster or bag it mainly, it's more comfortable to walk with, but I'm very tempted to get an SC62W now. Only major difference seems to be the reflector, less mushy power button and ability to dissipate more heat, thus stay on high for longer, but that's not really a huge concern. I'd probably run it most on the 350 lumens modes and highest moonlight.

This SC62 definitely looks edc-able, does anyone have the SC62d and for example an eagletac D25C and/or D25A clicky to post side by side?

markr6

Flashaholic
I held an SC600 (original one) and found it quite comfortable to hold. Maybe if you holster or bag it mainly, it's more comfortable to walk with, but I'm very tempted to get an SC62W now. Only major difference seems to be the reflector, less mushy power button and ability to dissipate more heat, thus stay on high for longer, but that's not really a huge concern. I'd probably run it most on the 350 lumens modes and highest moonlight.

This SC62 definitely looks edc-able, does anyone have the SC62d and for example an eagletac D25C and/or D25A clicky to post side by side?

Dissipating heat was my concern, but the specs don't seem to show any issues - runtimes the same. I guess it depends on the PID, which may be more aggressive on the smaller 62 though. I agree, won't be running it on high for a long time anyway. Nice to have just in case.

I don't have a D25c or D25a, but here are photos I recently took that may help:

zebralights.jpg

d25_sc62_L10c.jpg

Swede74

Enlightened

Note quite, but I have a side-by-side photo of a SC62d next to a Nitecore MT1A.

zebra_core_KL2.jpg

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Thanks mark and swede! that does definitely look pocket-able. I guess I'll have to get an SC62w as soon as my dealer gets one in stock. Will go nicely together with an Armytek Predator Pro for some throw ^^ (and probably absolutely dwarfed by it).

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Yes it feel nice in a front pocket. It may sound strange, but actually feels better than the shorter SC52w in my opinion. The SC62d seems to stay straight in the pocket, whereas the SC52w turns/moves easier making it feel akward sometimes. Yet another reason why I use 18650 lights 95% of the time.