How to modify this lamp

teoman

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 of these to install on my motorbike.

*link and hot-linked image removed.

They unfortunately do not have a picture of the behind, it has a toggle button that changes between modes.

What i would like to know is, how could I attach this to my motorbike. The battery is charged at 14.5V, and these lights come with a battery pack of 18650s with 2P2S. Any idea what converters are used inside? Will the fry themselves with the increased voltage? Or are they more of the generic type that are capable of accepting higher voltages.

Also, how can i modify it so that when they are energized, they output light (currently, the button has to be pressed after the battery is connected). I will probably not be able to reach the light while i am ridig so would prefer for it to either activate by giving it power, or arranging some sort of remote switch (preferrably hooked up to the high beams switch)

Thank you in advance.

Teoman

Last edited by a moderator:

teoman

Newly Enlightened
Damn,

the link i provided got deleted. Probably my fault.

If you look at ebay and search for "XM-L2 6x"

its the one with the red end.

teoman

Newly Enlightened
Searching other similar lights that have almost the same amount of emitters and a similar battery pack, it seems that they have a max voltage of 8.4V

I have an adjustable current and voltage source that I can plug in to this, so it should work.

What about the buttons. Anyone have any ideas for those?