I bought Eneloop AAA, and what is the best charger?

Viking

Enlightened
The main thing is you by yourself a smart charger with independent channels ( it doesn't have to be an advanced one ) , and stay away from ultrafast chargers.

Personally I will recommend the maha C9000. This is one of the more advanced smart chargers , but still easy to use. It is very gentle to the cells (eg low cutoff voltage and good airflow around ).

It will also tell you the cells internal resistance ( ICV ). You can convert ICV to ohm with the right formula if you like.

Last edited:

Viking

Enlightened
The first one.
It is also called Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne.

Last edited:

Viking

Enlightened
Just be aware that it has quite a lot of functions.
Such as charge , discharge , forming , refresh and Cycle modes.

If you don't want a lot of functions , maybe this charger isn't for you. But don't let it intimidate you either , it is very easy to use.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops are pretty tough when it comes to charging. They'll take just about anything, as long as it doesn't overcharge them or trickle charge them for a long time. So any smart charger will do. I've used several different kinds, including a Sanyo quick charger that charges at 2000mA, and others that charge as slow as 650mA. They don't overheat even at 2000mA, whereas that current cooks my older non-LSD cells.

As Viking said, make sure whatever charger you get uses independent channels, so that if your cells have different states of charge they'll all be topped up properly. If you always use your cells in pairs, then this may not matter much.

The Maha C9000 is probably the best choice on the market, but may be overkill for your needs.

php111

Newly Enlightened
How good is the LaCrosse BC-700? I believe Amazon sold it at around $30, now it is around $50, right? Where could I get it or still get it around $30?

php111

Newly Enlightened
In all seriousness could someone please recommend another charger but a budget charger? These chargers I do not have the money for them. I am in the USA.

ak415

Newly Enlightened
If you want to go no frills cheap go to Amazon and search for "eneloop aa USB charger." The first link should be a set with 2x AA Eneloops and the MDU01 USB charger. It's a smart charger that can do 1 or 2 cells at a time, and is highly portable.

Only downside is that the recharge time is a little on the long side because it's limited to USB-level power input.

fractal

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I bought these Eneloop AAA batteries, and what is the #1 best charger by most?

It looks like you did not like the answer to your question. Everyone has different tastes but few will doubt that the C9000 is one of the better units.

The cheapest source of Eneloop retail these days is from Costco. They come with a Eneloop charger. I sent a half dozen of them to the recycler last xmas. You can get them on ebay for about ten dollars. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eneloops-Ne...17358?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item338d8c58ee was found with a quick search. Not "the #1 best charger" but not a bad choice for eneloops.

lowks

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I bought these Eneloop AAA batteries, and what is the #1 best charger by most?

http://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemId=281362330517&txnId=1221861264018 (these are the batteries I bought.)

If you happen to chance upon this charger: http://www.panasonic-batteries.com/eu/products/chargers/BQ-CC09 is also a very good charger. I ran this one neck to neck against the LaCrosse BC720 and I must say it's a photo finish with BC720 only winning over mainly due to the fact that it has a digital display of the charging process and I am big battery nut.