2014 Fenix TK22

vrybad

Newly Enlightened
Hello, all,

Just wanted to chime in.
I found this forum and have to say it is one of the most complete reference sources for info on portable lighting!
Thanks for all the help I have already received prior to joining!:)

Based on my poking on this site and some additional poking on other forums where portable/tactical lighting is discussed, I purchased a 2014 920 Lumen Fenix TK22, the ARE-C2 charger, (2) Fenix ARB L2S 3400 mAh batteries and the Fenix remote tail cap switch for same.

First, the quality is really high.
Solid construction, dual spring, watertight, thick lens.
Very nice.

One selling point for me was the non-rotating head, which I think will be pretty durable.
( have seen several similar lights with the rotating head to set the lumens, but did not prefer that type of operation to adjust the output.)
I like the side button to set the beam intensity and the momentary-on feature on the tail cap.

Overall, very nice.

Very bright in high mode, and I find the lower modes are very useful, producing quite a bit of useful light for general use.
The beam pattern is pretty clean, with a bright center and pretty much even distribution out to the peripherals.
Testing in my garage (about 20' x 40') at night, the light is very effective at illuminating a large area with minimal blindspotting (if that is an appropriate term).

I do plan to set up my camera and take some pics of each lumen setting to detail the throw and width of the beam.
Should happen in the next few days or so.

The charger works great -never realized how large those batteries are.

Have not had an opportunity to setup and install the remote switch and light to my PDW, but similar to the light itself, the construction quality seems to be very high.

I have a feeling I will be pleased long-term with this light, though time will tell.

Hope some of this info helps others in their search for a high quality LED tactical light.

B.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will be greatly pleased with it as a weapon light. If you used cr123a cells you get a jump from 920 to 1000 lumens! It is my edc and a BIG improvement over the 650 lumen one I had

Latest posts