How To Mount Two Zebralight Headlamps On One Band

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I'd like to mount a H600w AND a H602w on one headband...any tips to do that without each pointing off to the side? Perhaps mounting both heads to the inside? That still might point off to the side a bit though. Plus it would be a huge pain to move back to a separate headband when necessary.

Thanks!

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I pretty much do and yes they do point off to the side a little bit but it is still usable given the flood. The weight is biggest issue I found though.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just inspecting the headband with my H602w and was thinking maybe I could use little velcro straps that I have to connect one on top of the other. Just put one 1" wide velcro strap around the center of the bottom one (attached to the rubber mount) and around the top one. I think that would work quite well.

I can't do this yet because I don't yet have the H600w, I'm hoping to trade my SC600w for it.

Thanks!

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
I already had a mark-1 H600w which did not come with a top strap, so when my H602w arrived with a top strap I decided to weave the two together. The top strap goes through both silicone holders and both of the horizontal straps go through the back loop on the top strap. It's a little cluttered but doesn't tangle and sits comfortably on my head. The H602w is wide enough to throw light onto the H600w so sometimes I switch which light is on top based on whether the shadow of the H600w would be more annoying on the ceiling or on the ground.

20140625_135022.jpg

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already had a mark-1 H600w which did not come with a top strap, so when my H602w arrived with a top strap I decided to weave the two together. The top strap goes through both silicone holders and both of the horizontal straps go through the back loop on the top strap. It's a little cluttered but doesn't tangle and sits comfortably on my head. The H602w is wide enough to throw light onto the H600w so sometimes I switch which light is on top based on whether the shadow of the H600w would be more annoying on the ceiling or on the ground.

20140625_135022.jpg

Brilliant!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThirstyTurtle, I like your idea!

Here's my solution to mounting an H602w & H600w in the same head strap.

Simply cut a small section of rubber bike tire inner tube.
Insert one light tailcap first into one ring only on the headband holder
Pull the rubber bike tube over the tailcap and roll the other half over.
Place the other light tailcap first into the headband holder and then roll the rubber tube over the tailcap.
Now the two are held together both by the headband holder but also the rubber tube.
They both stick straight out and are not angled whatsoever.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you a section of tube for your headlights.:wave:

photobucket-3259-1403737130563.jpg

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThirstyTurtle, I like your idea!

Here's my solution to mounting an H602w & H600w in the same head strap.

Simply cut a small section of rubber bike tire inner tube.
Insert one light tailcap first into one ring only on the headband holder
Pull the rubber bike tube over the tailcap and roll the other half over.
Place the other light tailcap first into the headband holder and then roll the rubber tube over the tailcap.
Now the two are held together both by the headband holder but also the rubber tube.
They both stick straight out and are not angled whatsoever.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you a section of tube for your headlights.:wave:

photobucket-3259-1403737130563.jpg

Okay now THAT is genius and I like that you don't have to combine the straps so they're easily split back into two separate and fully-useable headlamps.

What size bike tube did you use?

Amy sunshine

Newly Enlightened
can it be switched as we wanna to ? it is my first time to see two lights of a headlight !

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
can it be switched as we wanna to?

Can you clarify your question?

If you're asking if they can be operated separately then the answer is yes; each light is still completely separate, they're just very close to one another.

If you're asking if they can be taken apart and used individually then the answer is also yes; just take them apart and put them back on their respective headbands and you have two headlamps again.

chadvone

Enlightened
I don't know if your wanting 2 beams up front at same time. I have used extra holder to mount my H51 and H50 to same head strap . One in front one in back. Just spun it around depending on my need for flood or a hot spot.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if your wanting 2 beams up front at same time. I have used extra holder to mount my H51 and H50 to same head strap . One in front one in back. Just spun it around depending on my need for flood or a hot spot.
Well that's an interesting idea! I do want the ability to use both beams at once but the majority of the time I'll just need one or the other...I may give that a shot while!

My H600w should arrive tomorrow and I'm planning on setting the 600 on top of the 602 and using two velcro straps to connect them.

mobi

Newly Enlightened
I have used extra holder to mount my H51 and H50 to same head strap .

My low tech variation is to wear one light on the head, the other on the neck, and switch off between them. For example, using a Zebralight flood around the neck, and a Zebralight hotspot on the head. I find, also, that both lights can be worn together on the head, creating one virtual strap, with the lights mounted one on top of the other.

This double strap mounting may not work well with the included Zebralight holders. I use Velcro to attach each headlamp to its headband, instead. When the Velcro is wrapped tight around both the headband and the headlamp, there's just the right amount of friction to hold the headlamp in place while allowing it to rotate as desired. The top light rests comfortably on the one below; in the case of the two I'm wearing now, the H600w MkII supports the H502c L2.

Last edited:

survivaledc

Newly Enlightened
My low tech variation is to wear one light on the head, the other on the neck, and switch off between them. For example, using a Zebralight flood around the neck, and a Zebralight hotspot on the head. I find, also, that both lights can be worn together on the head, creating one virtual strap, with the lights mounted one on top of the other.

This double strap mounting may not work well with the included Zebralight holders. I use Velcro to attach each headlamp to its headband, instead. When the Velcro is wrapped tight around both the headband and the headlamp, there's just the right amount of friction to hold the headlamp in place while allowing it to rotate as desired. The top light rests comfortably on the one below; in the case of the two I'm wearing now, the H600w MkII supports the H502c L2.

Post up a pic when you can

mobi

Newly Enlightened
Post up a pic when you can

Zebralight swabbed in Velcro

Wearing two independent Zebralight/headband lamps is similiar to Mooreshire's more sophisticated woven method in #4 on this thread, except in this case the top light touches, and rests gently, on the lower light. At the back of the head, the two headbands overlap. The headbands begin diverging at the point above the ears. In contrast to the woven method, the two lights in this case can be shifted horizontally relative to each other. The practical effect of this shifting is that the shadow Mooreshire refers to (that is formed from the lower lamp cutting off light from the upper lamp) can be moved off to the side.

Last edited:

mobi

Newly Enlightened

Flickr

ThirstyTurtle in #13 on this thread originally suggested this basic idea.

2 Lights
1 Headband

The H600w MkII is strapped to the headband with Velco. The H502 is bundled to the H600w MkII and headband with another piece of 1" Velcro.

The 600 is sitting in a black silicone holder that is attached to the strap. The circular arms of the holder were clipped off so that the Velcro could hold the 600 snugly (illustrated below with an H502c L2). The 502 is attached to the 600/modified holder/headband/Velcro combo with Velcro and without a holder.

I'm wearing the 2-in-1 now with the 502 below the 600. There is a bifocal effect: the 502 provides light for nearby work and the 600 illuminates the distance.

Flickr

Last edited:

survivaledc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mobi. So you really found it necessary to clip off the rubber arms on the holder to cinch up the Velcro snug enough? I think I may try to design a separate headband for times I am wanting both my headlamps together. It's worth trying man of the ideas listed here, but I will avoid modifying any of the stock headband if possible.

markr6

Flashaholic

I'm thinking something like this would be nice but cleaner with a piece of material with two elastic tubes. Hard to explain and I can't find a photo but think of the elastic shotgun shell holders you put on the stock of a shotgun (usually 5 slots)

Here we go. If you could fashion just two of these slots into a headband I think it would be perfect. Some clean sewing skills would come in handy.
shotgun_shell_holder.jpg

Last edited: