New Nitecore EA41

voicemaster

Newly Enlightened
Oh wow. Here i am just bought sunwayman d40a to replace my ea4 which i gave to my aunt. Nitecore really address all the complains in ea4 (which is a great 4xAA flashlight). They change the switch similar to d40a, added 1 lm mode that a lot of people complain ea4 for not having it.

kj75

Enlightened
Nice upgrade of the EA4. Warmer tint, better balanced modes (with good low :thumbsup:) and more throw..

pblanch

Enlightened
I am liking it.

Love the 4AA. Lots of juice with a lot of potability.

markr6

Flashaholic
LOVE IT! A decent low! Instant 1 lumen, instant 960 lumens, instant strobe. Sounds like a great UI to me!

I guess the momentary feature is no longer available. I liked it, but can live without.

Doesn't specify a neutral tint or show an "EA41w" but hopefully that will be available.

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If true, no "Momentary" is a deal-breaker for me. They ability to jump to Turbo (and back) from any mode is something I use frequently...

markr6

Flashaholic
Yeah, but Nitecore's "w" models are usually 5000K cool-white.

Yes my EA4w is cooler than expected. But, a perfect tint IMO. Way better than any of my Zebralights. Not a good think if you like warm tints though.

Actually, I like it so much that if all "neutral" tints were like my EA4w, I probably never would have made a fuss and bothered with Nichia 219 lights.

Luminater

Newly Enlightened
Very interested if EA41 has no step down on max output!!!

I think max output is high mode (not turbo)?

1-1_EA41_En11.jpg

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
The manual mentions a stepdown; I'm assuming it's from Turbo but not 100% clear:

NOTE: The EA41 will lower its output lumens after 20 minutes of use to prevent overheating and preserve battery longevity.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes my EA4w is cooler than expected. But, a perfect tint IMO. Way better than any of my Zebralights. Not a good think if you like warm tints though.

Actually, I like it so much that if all "neutral" tints were like my EA4w, I probably never would have made a fuss and bothered with Nichia 219 lights.

I agree. The only tint I prefer to my EA4W is that of my M2500 MGT-2.

Mayor

Newly Enlightened
It will be interesting to see some actual runtime graphs. If it really keeps turbo decently before stepping down, 20 minutes isn't bad for a step down time. (Of course that is again assuming the step down is from Turbo, and as mark6 points out we will have to wait to see exactly what they mean.)

The access to low and turbo from off is definitely a nice addition!

Last edited:

Dr.444

Enlightened
So happy my Sunwayman F40A order didn't ship yet :twothumbs , cancelled it for this one :rolleyes:

Now let the wait begin for a release :tired:

bbxtwo

Newly Enlightened
hopefully the ea41 won't unlock while in the pocket like the ea4 did.

markr6

Flashaholic
I asked Nitecore about the possibility of an EA41w since the EA4w has such a nice tint. They said no plans to make a neutral :( but passing in along to marketing dept. I'm still hopeful at this early stage.

bbxtwo

Newly Enlightened
its coming in 5 days! at least thats where i mainly buy my lights from say.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
The manual mentions a stepdown; I'm assuming it's from Turbo but not 100% clear:

NOTE: The EA41 will lower its output lumens after 20 minutes of use to prevent overheating and preserve battery longevity.
It's still much longer than in any competition.

markr6

Flashaholic
It's still much longer than in any competition.

I think it's terrific. I can't even think of one time when I used a torch for over 10 minutes straight (at least on a high mode). I think the EA4 is 3 or 5 minutes? Still OK by me.