VIDEO REVIEW: EagleTac D25C Clicky

Snareman

Enlightened
I was looking for a replacement for my Fenix PD20 that I left in the Grand Canyon. Didn't care as much for the PD22 and came across the D25C and couldn't be happier. It goes dimmer and brighter than the PD20 and is lighter. I think I kinda want the D25C2 now...

Here's a little video I did on it.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your youtube flashlight reviews are awesome!!

Thanks for doing this.

I have D25A! :)

ven

Flashaholic
Fantastic review Snareman:thumbsup: i love my d25c ti lights,so much i have 2,both fed on 16340 IMR efest cells,also a d25a ti on a 14500 cell. I do prefer the form factor of the C over the A being a little more compact:)

Snareman

Enlightened
Fantastic review Snareman:thumbsup: i love my d25c ti lights,so much i have 2,both fed on 16340 IMR efest cells,also a d25a ti on a 14500 cell. I do prefer the form factor of the C over the A being a little more compact:)

Thanks! I agree, I prefer the smaller size as well. Something I haven't been able to figure out - is the Ti heavier or lighter than the aluminum version?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Warning! Do NOT try a larger size rechargeable like ultrafire protected rechargeable li ion in the d25C. I did. Battery was too long and I must have tightened too much because not only did flashlight not turn on but battery short circuited. When I took it out I burned my finger on the heat from the battery which continued to get hotter and hotter. I buried the battery in a bucket of sand and the fire department took it off my hands but I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't noticed the battery was hot when I took it out of the d25c. My flashlight is still fine and works with rechargeables closer to the size of primary cr123.

Snareman

Enlightened
Warning! Do NOT try a larger size rechargeable like ultrafire protected rechargeable li ion in the d25C. I did. Battery was too long and I must have tightened too much because not only did flashlight not turn on but battery short circuited. When I took it out I burned my finger on the heat from the battery which continued to get hotter and hotter. I buried the battery in a bucket of sand and the fire department took it off my hands but I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't noticed the battery was hot when I took it out of the d25c. My flashlight is fine and works with rechargeables closer to the size of primary cr123.

Good to know. So I shouldn't try an 18650? :) :naughty:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Those ultrafire protected li ion rcr123 sized batteries work fine in all my other flashlights that use cr123 sized primaries even though they are longer than AW.
So much for the "protection" circuitry.

Latest posts