Please Help me!!! Professional's Favorite Spotlight

NJRedneck1986

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone :) I recently Bought a Professional's Favorite Spotlight for $5 bucks at a gsale but it didnt come with no paper work and just one charger. The Model# F034. So i plugged it in and the charging light didnt light up so i got a extra charger from something else and it lit up. so i read on a dead battery you gotta charge for 24hrs so i charged it for 24 hours. then used it for 15 mins and the lights dimmed then died. So i looked at the battery and it looks like the owner bent the terminals the opposite way it was supposed to be buy googling pics of the battery.

Heres what it looks like:

And this is the battery that was in it with the bent terminals

My Questions Are:
1.How long do you charge yours and how long are they suppost to last for being used?
2.Does the charge light go off when its done charging or it stays on no matter what?
3.Is this the right battery that was suppost to be in it?

Thanks everyone for your help i have been googling my eyes out trying to research and im not making out anything good. :)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Date code on battery looks like it was manufactured April 2007. Since it's a lead acid battery, it's probably shot.

I purchased a similar light a couple of months back and just used the battery number on eBay for a set of replacements. Came to less that $20.00 with shipping.

NJRedneck1986

Newly Enlightened
Date code on battery looks like it was manufactured April 2007. Since it's a lead acid battery, it's probably shot.

I purchased a similar light a couple of months back and just used the battery number on eBay for a set of replacements. Came to less that $20.00 with shipping.

Thanks How long do you charge your spot light and does the led charge light go out when the battery is full?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a light that looks exactly like that from Peak, except it is gray/black instead of yellow/black. My light remains lit until I unplug it.

NJRedneck1986

Newly Enlightened
I have a light that looks exactly like that from Peak, except it is gray/black instead of yellow/black. My light remains lit until I unplug it.

Thanks Mr.Tone :) How long do you charge you battery for? i assume 24hrs on a dead battery.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I typically leave it in for 16 to 24 hours. SLA batteries are pretty resistant to overcharging when used with the supplied chargers. However, if yours went completely dead that is not a good thing for these types of batteries. SLA batteries and deep-discharge don't go well together. If the battery would have been in good shape and fully charged you should have gotten more than 15 minutes of run-time. You can find these types of batteries on ebay for fairly cheap, which is nice. Does yours have the cigarette plug adapter on the other side? That is a handy feature for power outages.

NJRedneck1986

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I typically leave it in for 16 to 24 hours. SLA batteries are pretty resistant to overcharging when used with the supplied chargers. However, if yours went completely dead that is not a good thing for these types of batteries. SLA batteries and deep-discharge don't go well together. If the battery would have been in good shape and fully charged you should have gotten more than 15 minutes of run-time. You can find these types of batteries on ebay for fairly cheap, which is nice. Does yours have the cigarette plug adapter on the other side? That is a handy feature for power outages.

Yeah on the other side it has the cigarette adapter on the other side even thow i dont have the cable but i can get that on ebay. The charger that came with it didnt work so i got another charger i had laying around and that makes the charge light come on and charge the battery :) Thanks again Mr.Tone :)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cigarette adaptor on the other side is actually for plugging 12 volt DC accessories into. Your phone charging cable, or any other myriad of 12 volt DC charging cords. One of the switches is to turn that 12 volt socket off and on. If you get a new battery your fully charged spotlight can provide 12 volt DC power to your devices in a power outage.

NJRedneck1986

Newly Enlightened
The cigarette adaptor on the other side is actually for plugging 12 volt DC accessories into. Your phone charging cable, or any other myriad of 12 volt DC charging cords. One of the switches is to turn that 12 volt socket off and on. If you get a new battery your fully charged spotlight can provide 12 volt DC power to your devices in a power outage.

That is awesome :)i thought maybe it was for charging it in the car but thats even better i can charge it up and use it to charge my cell phone when i go on my camping adventures :)

Latest posts