Tenergy RCR123A 3v Rechargeable Lithium Batteries.? Any good?

Stephie

Newly Enlightened
Tenergy RCR123A 3v Rechargeable Lithium Batteries.? Any good?

And will they be OK. In an XTAR MP2 USB Charger?

I am looking for replacements for Ultrafire RCR123A's....

The Nextorch NTR123A's don't seem to work....

(Have not got one yet that even shows any voltage on a Volt-meter....) (Nextorch have them back to investigate).

Using them in Zebralight H30's.

Sidewinder Compact.

Fenix PD22.

Fenix P1D.

And other torches if required...... :)

Thanks.

Stephie

Bigpal

Enlightened
I have six of these and the runtime is terrible on mine. I charged all six, as well as 6 Eagletac 16340s. I tested them with my SR51 and the Eagletacs did great. They lasted over 2 hours with most of the time on high. The Tenergy batteries lasted maybe 30 minutes. The light would start flashing sporadically, not even a programmed pattern, in high mode.

They perform much better when using not such a powerful light. In my SWM Mirage, they do ok.

I know that's not a precise, pro test, but if I had to do it over again I would not buy the Tenergys.

But, the nice thing is that they are 3 volts so you can use them in lights that require primaries.

Last edited:

Stephie

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is because they are 3 Volts that I attempted to use them.

Are the Eagletacs 3 volt?

If so any idea where can you buy them in the UK?

Bigpal

Enlightened
Yes it is because they are 3 Volts that I attempted to use them.

Are the Eagletacs 3 volt?

If so any idea where can you buy them in the UK?

The Eagletacs are 3.7 volts. I can't say that the Tenergys are all bad, because I do use them in smaller lights. They just didn't do well in the SR51. Maybe I have a bad cell or maybe they just can't handle that kind of draw.

Last edited:

Stephie

Newly Enlightened
The Eagletacs are 3.7 volts. I can't say that the Tenergys are all bad, because I do use them in smaller lights. They just didn't do well in the SR51. Maybe I have a bad cell or maybe they just can't handle that kind of draw. You should consider what type of light you're powering with them and at what current to see if they might work for you.

Thanks.

I wont be using the Eagletac's then... I require 3 Volt Batteries.

Using them in Zebralight H30's.

Sidewinder Compact.

Fenix PD22.

Fenix P1D.

And other torches if required...... :)

Thanks.

Stephie

Bigpal

Enlightened
Of the ones you have listed there, isn't the PD22 the only one that will not accept an RCR123? The Tenergy would run that ok and other single/double 123s you might use.

Stephie

Newly Enlightened
Of the ones you have listed there, isn't the PD22 the only one that will not accept an RCR123? The Tenergy would run that ok and other single/double 123s you might use.

I don't know why it would not. After all they should be the same size?

Bigpal

Enlightened
I don't know why it would not. After all they should be the same size?

I mean because of voltage. I am pretty sure the H30, Sidewinder and P1D will take 3.7 volts. The PD22 will not so that's the one you'd need the Tenergy for. And the Tenergy would work fine in that light. So maybe get a few Eagletacs and a couple Tenergys.

Actually, I have 6 of the Tenergys. I never use them all. If you would like to have 2 of them, I'd be happy to send them to you for free. Better they get some use instead of sitting back in a closet. Just let me know if you want them.

Stephie

Newly Enlightened
I mean because of voltage. I am pretty sure the H30, Sidewinder and P1D will take 3.7 volts. The PD22 will not so that's the one you'd need the Tenergy for. And the Tenergy would work fine in that light. So maybe get a few Eagletacs and a couple Tenergys.

Actually, I have 6 of the Tenergys. I never use them all. If you would like to have 2 of them, I'd be happy to send them to you for free. Better they get some use instead of sitting back in a closet. Just let me know if you want them.

Ah I see....

I did try a 3.7 Volt battery in an H30 and it went on full power only fer about 20 minutes....Then sort of stopped....

I have three of the H30 in use and now understand from HH that they and the P1D are not suitable for 3.7 Volts.

The Sidewinder is the only one that actually states it can be used with 3.7 Volts...

I don't know why the Nextorch NTR123A's just did not even show any voltage...??? (Await Warranty Department)....

I am trying to get all the torches using the same Batteries...

Just put my two Fenix TK30's bodies and a TK11 body on the lathe and took a millimetre off the inside so I could use the new XTAR 18650 2100's In them. as well as the Fenix TK15's I have.... They all do get a fair amount of use.

I would not like to arrive in the middle of Bodmin moor to find I packed the batteries that did not work....

That is very good of you... Thanks... Yes I would like to give them a go...

I will PM you my address....

Latest posts