Has anyone else thrown AAs in their p3x fury???

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Just curious because I'd like to know the output that you get from it.
Ive done it twice now just because I ran out of batteries and its not 1000 lumens for sure but it is decent enough.
Sadly I haven't let it run until i dies to see how long it'll run on two AAs but I think I'm going to soon.

side note/ I'd like to fine a dropin that I could put into some SF g3s that would run on two AAs and three CRs without swapping drop ins. If someone has any ideas I'd love them. Well the ideas would be loved anyways

R.W.D.

Enlightened
ok had a prob had to edit this part just cant get pics to work worth a crap on here so I cant show anyone.

Last edited:

Redhat703

Enlightened
Any Malkoff M61x(xx) will work on 3xCR123 or 2xAA. I use M61WL on a SF 9P host. With 2xAA Duracell's, I have decent amount of light for regular tasks. You could check out Malkoff thread for more info.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if my results are typical, but my cool XP-G2 M61s don't work well with 2 AAs. I just checked one again, and it wouldn't light up at all, and I believe another one gives moonlight output.

My M61Ns and 219s are very usable with AAs. My M61Ws aren't XP-Gs, but it seems they can be added to the "works" list as well.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One could always keep both a M61 variant to work with the CR123's, and a M31 variant to work with the 2-AA's on hand. Keep a low voltage, and a regular voltage setup. Just a word of caution, ALWAYS be conscious of the batteries you are using so-as-to not blow up the low voltage drop in with higher voltage batteries. ;)

One of my favorite hosts is the Surefire 9P, as you have many battery options available. I would assume that the Surefire p3x would give you the same options, providing that you have the drop ins to match the battery voltages.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
This really isn't a Malkoff thread, but it has been demonstrated here that folks have gotten significantly greater outputs with the Malkoff M6xLL compared to the M6x when using 2xAA.
It's definitely up to the individual driver designs, and now I'm curious about the difference with the driver in the P3X compared to the Malkoffs.

Good idea on trying 2xAA in the SF P3X BTW. :)

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I'm going to have to check out some malkoff's then for sure as I have a few G3s.
Yea the AA idea was a joke at first but then they looked like they fit great when I dropped them in and then actually worked to my surprise and I was happy to find out they do work cause I can find AAs anywhere real quick.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still wondering if anyone else has done this and how they wen't about it. Does anyone know of a CR123 to AA adapter to center the cells?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still wondering if anyone else has done this and how they wen't about it. Does anyone know of a CR123 to AA adapter to center the cells?

I'm into emergency battery MacGyvering - just roll them in a few $-bills for a width spacer. Guess you don't need a length spacer with 2AA > 3CR123 tube.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm into emergency battery MacGyvering - just roll them in a few $-bills for a width spacer. Guess you don't need a length spacer with 2AA > 3CR123 tube.

I like Macgyver, I still do, but I used to too.

Although I prefer he stay away from my lights. Does Oveready offer anything like this? I'd be SUPER interested if there are any CR123 to AA tubes out there......

Throw in 2 ultimate Lithiums.... see what happens with the runtime @ 15 lumens.....

MacGyverMulletHaircut_zps1fdb82c9.jpg

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready has a Delrin 2-AA sleave that should do both of you well. I use a clear plastic rubber hose that I got at my local hardware store that fits perfectly inside the tube and fits the AA cells inside.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have a fury. I use the 2-AA cells in a Surefire 9P with a M31 219B drop in.
You need the 2-AA Delrin Sleeve (100mm) for the 17mm body.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone try some L91's in a P3X yet? I'm curious what kind of output it puts out. Just saw the PMX Fury will run on 3 CR123's or 2 AA's (if it's ever released).

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump.

Am in the process of getting the 3-cell version of Fury and wonder just badly it will run on 2xAA. I am primarily interested in the low mode. I realize the full power will be underpowered or maybe not light up in moon mode. Since it will only be getting 3V versus the needed 9V.

Latest posts