Mag85 biggest battery in 3D mag

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
So, who here is still using a mag85? I still have mine and bought some new AA's for it recently; most of the Sanyo 2700's and Maha Powerex cells crapped out. I had one set of each. Now I have two sets with Eneloops; so finally it's not discharged whenever I need it. Now it does leave me with another inconvenience: the 9 AA's @2000 mAh won't last very long.

Anyone using some of the bigger Li-ions out there with the WA1185 bulb? Any reliable cells? Risk of instaflash?

Conte

Enlightened
I've put one together using a 3D mag before with 26650 IMR cells.
And yes, IMR cells of that size will insta flash them hot off the charger and even with a softstart.

A actually blew a few bulbs trying to make it work with IMR's and gave up for the longest time as I didn't want to invest in a proprietary battery system jsut for the 85. That and I was more than happy with the Mag11 which would work fine and punch hard off the IMRs when using the AW softstart.

How I got it to work most recently was with an NTC tailcap mod. It NTC I had dropped the voltage just enough.
I have one bulb left, so I dismantled it and put it back into my collection.

I want to build myself a regulated mag in a 3D, then I can run anything I want off 26650's.

So, who here is still using a mag85? I still have mine and bought some new AA's for it recently; most of the Sanyo 2700's and Maha Powerex cells crapped out. I had one set of each. Now I have two sets with Eneloops; so finally it's not discharged whenever I need it. Now it does leave me with another inconvenience: the 9 AA's @2000 mAh won't last very long.

Anyone using some of the bigger Li-ions out there with the WA1185 bulb? Any reliable cells? Risk of instaflash?