Enlightened

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=128#.U8PiNPl_s3k

K.I.S.S. :D Keep It Simple Stupid

334op4m.jpg
bjj34l.jpg

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Looks pretty nice. Add a 1lm mode and we'll talk. (still simple with that addition IMO)

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
From the looks of it they removed the side mode switch and has fewer modes. Wonder if it will still have the built in voltage meter.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love it, at first glance. Is NItecore associated with Klarus at all? You'd have thought Klarus would have patented their layout -- if it's possible to do so. Just about the same length as the Klarus XT2C also.

The significant differences seem to be P10 has higher rated lumens (800 vs 725), XT2C has a far lower low (5 lumens vs P10's 40), P10 has 3 different operating modes.

Similarities besides length and the function and position of the 2nd tail switch include instant access to strobe from any mode through the tail switch, and if I"m reading things right, P10 comes on in high from all 3 operating modes (like the XT2C) rather than using mode memory, making it a nice option for a tactical light

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice,what's the difference between P10 and P12?

It looks to me like the P10, like Klarus's XT series, has a UI that they attempted to optimize for tactical use, if I'm reading the specs right (which I might not be). There's the obvious physical layout of the switches, but also the fact that it comes on in high (a must for tactical use) and even better, a tactical "mode" that locks the light into just high and strobe (I like this because I have, a couple of times in drills, hit the strobe button too quickly on my XT11 and had the light drop into medium instead of strobing, which is kind of the worst of all worlds). Plus crenelated bezel.

Very unfortunate it doesn't have a low mode, IMO. I'm stuck between this and the new XT2C L2 U2. I like the lower low on the Klarus, but really love the ability to switch between tactical and general-use modes on the P10, and the battery-level indicator.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus has patents on it.
Well, Klarus say the have applications for patents which is not the same thing... :rolleyes:

In any case, the pending patents must be about the new secondary button design rather than the button layout which was available on several lights, probably even before Klarus existed as a company.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I always roll my eyes when someone says, "if only they'd done THIS, it would be my perfect light." But I'm telling you, if they had an actual low instead of just medium-and-up -- I don't even care if it was 1 lumen, I could deal with anything under 5-10 -- it would be my perfect light!!!!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea to move the mode button to the back - but why on Earth do away with the one lumen low ?

I think Nitecore designed the light for law enforcement and personal security rather than EDC so incldued a Low that would work better for general purpose.
Whether it actually works well for the intended audiences in reality too is another question though.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Nitecore designed the light for law enforcement and personal security rather than EDC so incldued a Low that would work better for general purpose.
Whether it actually works well for the intended audiences in reality too is another question though.

Although they already have a law enforcement mode that does high and medium.

Beyond that, LEOs have to do things like write tickets at night, look at driver's licenses, etc., where 45 lumens is inappropriately bright -- in fact, you'd think designing a LEO light would specifically lead to a low suitable for those incredibly common LEO purposes ... where the LEO might also want the ability to switch instantly to strobe. It's just odd design, I think, unusable by a beat cop who routinely uses a low to do his job.

Last edited: