Charger Opus BT-C2000 discharge takes forever ?

lowks

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Opus BT-C2000 (v2.1) from danaco and I have not been successful until today to perform a discharge on a AA battery 2100mAh but it has not finished at 0.9V yet. It just keeps on hovering around at 1.1V and does not really budge. I have left it overnight but still not finished.

Is this normal ?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Lowks,

If you didn't select a different discharge rate, it will choose a default of 200 mA. If your cell really has 2100 mAh of capacity it will take a little over 10 hours to discharge at the 200 mA discharge rate.

Tom

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure that it has not finished? What do you see on the display? Note that it trickle charges NiCd/NiMh batteries after discharge.

lowks

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure that it has not finished? What do you see on the display? Note that it trickle charges NiCd/NiMh batteries after discharge.

I think you are right. It will not say "Full" and it does not have "Done". What the manual says it will read "0 mAh" for discharging current for a little while before showing voltage again. So I guess the only way to know for sure if you missed the "0 mAh" readout is to switch view to see how much mAh is being pulled out. It will read "0"

lowks

Newly Enlightened
Hello Lowks,

If you didn't select a different discharge rate, it will choose a default of 200 mA. If your cell really has 2100 mAh of capacity it will take a little over 10 hours to discharge at the 200 mA discharge rate.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the input, actually I did select the discharge current. Just that in this particular case I did not know how to verify when it was actually done. On NC-2500 it has a "done" status. Here it does not have that.

lowks

Newly Enlightened
Also Tom,

Just out of curiosity, do you use OPUS or Accumanager as your daily work horse charger ?

justonething

Newly Enlightened
I think you are right. It will not say "Full" and it does not have "Done". What the manual says it will read "0 mAh" for discharging current for a little while before showing voltage again. So I guess the only way to know for sure if you missed the "0 mAh" readout is to switch view to see how much mAh is being pulled out. It will read "0"
Like you said, At discharge termination 0mA current is displayed in that channel. When you press the DISPLAY button, shouldn't it display the discharged capacity rather than "0"?

lowks

Newly Enlightened
justonething, I don't really know what the "0mAh" here means but it seems to remain constant. I am guessing that is the discharging current from the battery.

justonething

Newly Enlightened
lowks, are you using the Discharge mode or the Charge-Test Mode. I haven't seen "0mAh" anywhere, do you mean "0mA"?