surefire z48/z49 click on switch

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
Anyone has experience with this (z48/z49) click on switch?
Is it worth the money to replace the original switch with one of these click on?
And how is these different the SW02 beside the look?
Any info and advice will be helpful. Thanks in advanced.

Aaron

kev1-1

Enlightened
IMHO the Z48/49 are more worth it with the 9v/12v SureFires. This is due to their bulk. The 6v lights are great because they are small...the Z48/49 is considerably bigger than the original tailcap...making the light less easy to carry. Larger SureFires are already...well larger!
yellowlaugh.gif
...and so the difference is less annoying. IMHO!!

Otokoyama

Enlightened
The original switch is better if you want to operate the light with your palm, since the Z4x is protected.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two new clickies, the Z58 and Z59, are mentioned in the 2003 catalog. No information is available on them yet so I don't know if they will have a smaller diameter or not.

The z48, z49's bulk is quite suitable for the M2 but less appealing on the other two cell lights. Some CPF members have removed the z48,9's rubber guard to expose the switch.

Cheers.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's nice that SF is comming out the Z57!!!(clickie for the E series).My GF uses the 3P I gave her with the Z48, she likes it better with it on.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I love SW02 clickies. I'm not the kind of person who minds bulk as long as it's real cool.
smile.gif

They say the M2 is too bulky! I EDC it. They say the fat Charlie clickie is way bulky! And I got two of them.
tongue.gif
grin.gif
Man the SW02 clickies totally change the look of your surefires, longer and bulkier but better balanced and with it you can do everything you can with other tailcaps. yes you can operate the light with your palm even with the rubber shroud on.
smile.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I use the Z series clickie on my Z3/KL3 and love it. I also got the fat Charlie for my M3. It makes the lights more useful IMHO. I am very interested in the E series clickies too and am sure to get one for my E2e HA.

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
I have only one question, is it aluminum
? and is it functional? what more could you ask? OK, I ask more questions than I promised but, it is..... good stuff. I rest my case!

Aluminum Junkie