Solid (no button hole) C-cell maglite body?

OrionSyndicate

Newly Enlightened
I want to build a push-button endcap C-cell maglite. I found a company that makes steel D-cell size tubes for this purpose, but I can't seem to find one for the c-cell. Does anyone know of where I can find this?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Custom builders create buttonless bodies by cutting the tube below the button; anyone who still does cut-downs can make one for you.

facehead5

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually looking for the d-cell for the same reason. Can you tell me where you found d-cell buttonless tubes?..

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi facehead5 :welcome:
As mentioned by StarHalo above, if you look through the Custom Flashlights Buy/Sell/Trade subforum... There are at least 2 modders who are still actively modding MagLites. You can contact them on their sales threads to do a cut-down for you (You can't use PMs until you post more, but they'll be happy to discuss with you via email.)

Hope you get what you need.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to build a push-button endcap C-cell maglite. I found a company that makes steel D-cell size tubes for this purpose, but I can't seem to find one for the c-cell. Does anyone know of where I can find this?

Did you mean something like this?

2C001.jpg

It is bored out to fit 2x26500, flutted head, custom made bi-pin socket in front of barrel, 10 Amp tail switch, aluminum reflector and of course Boro lens.