Large 3/4*18650 Torch bike mount (fandyfire/Fenix ect ect) - Maby Solved?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
OK guys, just been looking online and seen that some people use things called tripod collars to sercure there camera lenses to a tripod, Now call me crazy but a camera lens can/is sometimes the same size as these lights, i think you would ahve to find one to fit your light but as an exsample: http://www.focalprice.com/DI0804B/T..._EX_DG_MACRO_HSM_Lens_Black.html?Currency=GBP Now you have a light with a tripod hole on it! Imagine something like a FandyFire with a tripod hole, you could now mount it to any bike tripod mount designed for a action camera? Would this work, might be worth trying...Just an idea just had to post it as I thought it was a stroke of genius? I know some lights already ahve a tripod mount but this allows some that dont to be mounted such as cheap lights like the fandyfire? Also no stress on the light only on the mounting ring, I am going to have a look and see what I can come up with...Im getting ideas now =)

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens mounts are usually used for telephoto lenses, which tend to be somewhat large. For instance, the one that you linked to is designed for a 71mm O.D. lens. I've never seen a bike light that large....

71mm does seem about right for a lens, though. One that I have uses a 67mm filter size, so the body diameter shouldn't be too much different.

I would also mention that cameras don't bounce around much, and tripods tend to be rather immobile, so using a tripod lens mount on a bike is likely to be a rather severe environment for it.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Hmm yes I think that it would be a lot of punishment, I really think the only option is to have a homemade light or get someone with CNC skills to make a bracket for your chosen light... I did see a 58MM bar mount that would fit some torches but I again dont think it would be that sercure, think I will stick to my orginal Extended P60 host idea with two cells in it, 120mins of 900 lumens really should be enough, even more so when I am running two in parallel for when offroading, or I can run one then the other for four hours. Hmm. Its a same as P60 torches are easy to mount but just dont have the capcity to run for four+ hours. Looks like I will jus have to settle for changeing out the batterys once in a while.