New upgraded Maglite Mini Pro 272 lumens

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
First post. Has anybody tried out the new upgraded AA Maglite Mini Pro? Its now rated at 272 lumens. I bought one at Walmart today and its noticeably brighter than the old version rated at 226 lumens. I can't find any information online or on Maglites website about this new upgrade. Weird...

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
Maglite272_zps4798e3ad.jpg~320x480

Fixed image link - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

kj2

Flashaholic
Almost typical for Maglite. Updating their product, not updating their website.. But it's good to see they're still in the game :)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
First post. Has anybody tried out the new upgraded AA Maglite Mini Pro? Its now rated at 272 lumens. I bought one at Walmart today and its noticeably brighter than the old version rated at 226 lumens. I can't find any information online or on Maglites website about this new upgrade. Weird...

Are they the same price, or wonder if the 18 and change the 226 lumen version is at now is being cleared out?

Thanks for the heads up.

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
The price on the new 272 lumen Maglite was $24.99 at Walmart. When comparing this to my old 226 lumen version the tint seems slightly warmer and not as blue but definitely still a cool white.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnApple, the throw is good. It has a deeper reflector than its cousin the Indy version. Not sure if the 272 is same as 226 in regards to reflectors. Just thought I would mention that it would be hard to visually discern 226 lumen vs 272. Now tint color may make it quit difference. So beam shots would be nice of the two.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnApple, the throw is good. It has a deeper reflector than its cousin the Indy version. Not sure if the 272 is same as 226 in regards to reflectors. Just thought I would mention that it would be hard to visually discern 226 lumen vs 272. Now tint color may make it quit difference. So beam shots would be nice of the two.

Not bad for only $7 more, but still might be a good time to pick up the old version because the price of the new one is getting into mt21a territory.

Hey anyone know is robin24k still pumping out maglite reviews? Probably not for updates to models he's already reviewed anyway.

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
The throw is also rather higher. The new one uses an XP-G2, doesn't it?

The first thing I noticed was how much further the throw was. Not sure what LED is being used in this upgrade. I'll post a screen shot of both lights tonight.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
^has anyone ever seen the plus version in B&M's btw?

The first thing I noticed was how much further the throw was. Not sure what LED is being used in this upgrade. I'll post a screen shot of both lights tonight.

Definitely worth the upgrade then, just for the increased intensity & nicer tint.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I picked one of these up many weeks ago and like the OP I could find no mention of it anywhere.
Being a Maglite fan I have to admit I was quite disappointed, very blue tint that would morph into a slight green when adjusting the focus and the throw was less than expected.
I actually returned it the next day, something I rarely do. I hope my experience was an anomaly.

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
Here is my Maglite mini 226 lumens (on left) vs my new 272 lumen maglite. You can see the 226 lumen is slightly bluer in color and obviously not as bright.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my Maglite mini 226 lumens (on left) vs my new 272 lumen maglite. You can see the 226 lumen is slightly bluer in color and obviously not as bright.

No way fresh batteries in the old version right?