Surefire UNR problems

kssmith

Enlightened
Hello,
I have a Surefire UNR Commander, 800 lumen model. I purchased it around 4-5ish months ago, and love it. I am however disappointed with all the problems with it. I have searched trying to find anyone else with the issue, and only saw one brief mention of it. After I had the light for around 3-4 weeks, the tailcap began to malfunction. It began by not utilizing the max-blast feature. I normally use the light at the 140 lumen mode, and when pressing for full output, the light would blink, then maintain the 140 lumens. Removing the tailcap seemed to correct the problem for a while. The light then began to reverse the settings, max first, then lower. I sent it to Surefire, and they returned it with a new tailcap saying the old was defective.

The light now seems to trip to the strobe mode when the max-blast feature is used. I am a LEO, and use this as my primary light. Has anybody else experienced this with this light? Or another that has the same tailcap? I have several Surefires, and absolutely love their lights and typical quality. I am wondering about this light tho.

MBentz

Enlightened
Have you emailed SureFire with your concerns? They take excellent care of their customers. Unfortunately I can't help directly as I do not own a UNR yet.

kssmith

Enlightened
I haven't emailed them, when this first started, I called, and yes, was very impressed, it was returned quickly. I am going to contact them again. I'm curious if this is a persistent problem with the UNR, the tailcap, or if I have somehow acquired a lemon.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums