How do you remove xenon bulb from Hella 90mm module?

reader2580

Newly Enlightened
I have a set of of Hella bi-xenon 90mm modules I just got from Daniel Stern. How does one remove the bulb for replacement? Daniel said it should be obvious how to remove the bulb, but it isn't obvious to me. I am looking at getting Philips replacement bulbs that Daniel recommended.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the installation manual at My Hella Lights, it seems that it should be self-explanatory, but it'd be nice for them to be more explicit.

Page 9 shows side views-- I think it's a simple "twist" action to release it from the body of the lamp assembly.

reader2580

Newly Enlightened
Page nine is showing a halogen 90 mm module. The end of the bi-xenon module is a fair bit different. After removing the power connector the bulb is recessed down inside the assembly. It appears one might need a needle nose pliers or similar to pull the bulb out. I don't want to just start pulling as I prefer not to break an expensive bulb without better removal directions.

reader2580

Newly Enlightened
Daniel Stern answered my email and says that the three torx screws on the back of the module need to come out to replace the bulb.