High powered EDC flashlights

MrBrrx

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys !

So I'm looking for 2 flashlights 1 main for my EDC bag and 1 backup that uses regular aa battery.

I have a Nitecore P12 at the moment but im having a lot of issues with the light and im afraid it can not be fixed so I am on the lookout for a new main EDC light.

Requirements:

Main light should be able to produce some high lumens preferably over the 800, it should have at least strobe function and 4-5 levels with one very low ( moonlight ) maybe around 1-2 lumens, it has to be water proof and decent drop resistant. should use a 18650 cell. preferably with a good concentrated spot in the middle with moderate flood.

now for the backup I am looking for a AA battery type flashlight with 3-4 levels with lumens output of up to 200 but minimum 150 lumens, it should have a moonlight function also.

For the main light I have looked at Nitecore - Fenix - Thrunite as I like the P12 - PD35 - TN12 design and functions but I don't want to get burned again like I did with the Nitecore P12 more or less died on me after 3 months :(

For the backup light I have looked at the Thrunite T10T or the Archer 1A.

So do any of you guys have any suggestion on what I could take a look at, any brand I might be overlooking oh and it has to be at a reasonable price.

Thank you in advance

Poppy

Flashaholic
Hi Guys !

So I'm looking for 2 flashlights 1 main for my EDC bag and 1 backup that uses regular aa battery.

I have a Nitecore P12 at the moment but im having a lot of issues with the light and im afraid it can not be fixed so I am on the lookout for a new main EDC light.

Did you do some basic troubleshooting? Perhaps the threads are over lubed, or the switch is not tightly screwed in.
Read through this