Lens Cleaning

RaginCajun

Newly Enlightened
What do you guys use to clean the lens and/or optics on your flashlights?

Paul

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I use Sableco sunglass and optic cleaning cloth, sometimes with a bit of disk cleaning fluid (iso-alcohol). I still have a problem with lint tho.

laynlow

Newly Enlightened
I use quality microfiber towels. I use these same towels for detailing; they absolutely will not scratch unless there is a trapped particle.
grin.gif

347179.jpg

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Paul,

I just got glasses a couple of months ago. They have anti-reflection coated plastic lenses. I was instructed to be careful in their cleaning because they can get scratched. I am to avoid using paper towels and toilet paper (because they contain wood particles that can scratch the lens) and to use cotton or microfiber towels. The most important step in cleaning is to first rinse off the dust on the lens. This avoids grinding it into the surface of the lens. I have a alcohol/water based lens cleaner (from LensCrafters) that I use, and I just rinse them off with water. Water alone will work, but it is not real good for oil or grease.

Tom

Larry R. Pace

Newly Enlightened
Ditto to what Silver Fox said. I cannot over-emphasize the fact that you have to first remove dust, etc; prior to using liquid & lens paper. I buy them both from Edmund Scientific.

donn

Newly Enlightened
Canon camera lens cloth with some anti-static spray meant for specs. I use the same on my shades to.
D.